FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Car show award display protocol?

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post

As far as documentation/verification goes, it doesn't get much better than the horses mouth, at least IMHO. And yet, the judges insisted that they were no longer allowing even documented/verified changes, thus all the QAC changes made to my car were deducted by the judges.
    This is what didn't make sense to me. The dudes were right there, on stage, talking about your car and showing old b&w photos of it. That was pretty cool and I'm sure most everyone else liked it too. If I was a judge, I would've taken that into consideration and wouldn't have deducted points for stuff the QAC guys spoke of in their presentation.

I think driving it there (and drag-racing it) should count for something too, just not sure what. I also believe you had the most historically relevant concours car there....hands-down.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    This is what didn't make sense to me. The dudes were right there, on stage, talking about your car and showing old b&w photos of it. That was pretty cool and I'm sure most everyone else liked it too. If I was a judge, I would've taken that into consideration and wouldn't have deducted points for stuff the QAC guys spoke of in their presentation.

I think driving it there (and drag-racing it) should count for something too, just not sure what. I also believe you had the most historically relevant concours car there....hands-down.
    Thanks Rich

I knew it was going to be an uphill battle, but I was under the impression that deviations from the manual were still permitted (provided you have documented and verifiable proof) because in the manual, it still states that the head judge can authorize such. However, I was told that was no longer the case. If what I was told and how I was judged is correct, then the manual should accordingly be changed and instead reflect that deviations from the manual are no longer allowed under any circumstances. Why it wasn't changed yet to reflect such just provides fuel for the argument that there may still be some political considerations made for connected individuals, which just wouldn't be very equitable or consistent IMHO.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Thanks Rich

I knew it was going to be an uphill battle, but I was under the impression that deviations from the manual were still permitted (provided you have documented and verifiable proof) because in the manual, it still states that the head judge can authorize such. However, I was told that was no longer the case. If what I was told and how I was judged is correct, then the manual should accordingly be changed and instead reflect that deviations from the manual are no longer allowed under any circumstances. Why it wasn't changed yet to reflect such just provides fuel for the argument that there may still be some political considerations made for connected individuals, which just wouldn't be very equitable or consistent IMHO.
    Sounds to me like the judges took on the persona of Judge Dredd and Ed Bernstein.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3