FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I hate car salesmen...love animals, hate salesmen.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

OK, now that I had a few minutes to think about what I previously posted, I think that I may have been a little unfair to the old DDR... after all, they did have one hell of a national anthem!

My VIN:    6585

Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    16619

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Maybe you should read my last paragraph again. I didn't say all, in fact I went on to express that not all salesman were like that but you didnt read that did you? I did later generalize because I soon realized I could touch a nerve with someone else who just "skimmed over" my post. Just another problem with our culture...no 100% commitment to anything. Let's work on our reading comprehension skills.
    Actually, my reading comprehension is fine. Let's examine what you said in some detail. "Still pisses me of about the sales staff. I swear car salesman are scum. They care about nothing unless there is something in it for them. They will not walk more than 30' unless they can find a golf cart to carry them. They are selfish, tight with money (dont get me started on how they acted in a charity silent auction event I attended). They huddle around the lot in groups and bs each other on how much they think they know and apparently they love to watch small animals suffer. There are a few that I really respect and admire...but I have never seen the good ones aimlessly driving about in a cart or sneaking around back for a smoke. I am friends with a few honest and decent people who happen to be car salesmen...but the good ones are the exception. "

Basically, you started off by saying car salesman are scum, which means you generalized all sales people. By saying there are a few you know personally that are good people, only exempts those people but still generalizes every other Salesmen. You could argue you said the good ones are the exception, but that does not generalize anything saying there are salesmen that are good people, simply you know exceptions. What you said and what you meant to say are two different things.

Also, why attack someone about it(or touch a nerve)? I don't remember seeing pezzonovante88 saying anything ill towards you, he simply asked not to generalize.

My VIN:    3060

Quote Originally Posted by Exolis View Post
    Let's examine what you said in some detail.
    No thread in the history of the Internet has ended well after a post that starts with this line.

My VIN:    3299

Michael, good on you for taking care of that lil' guy. I have a massively huge heart for animals, and it .....it angers me 3 guys just stood around and watched that lil bird struggle. Good on you, man.

As for the rest of this thread - take it to PMs. Generalizations were made, wrong things were said. Figure it out through PMs from here. I'll let this thread stay open for anyone who wants to genuinely contribute.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    3028

What are we arguing about here? Why does someone always get their feathers ruffled (pun intended, that's funny)? Is there nothing better to do than nit pick what Michael said, who gives a f@&. I think he was just venting at the stupidity and lack of compassion these people (who happen to be used car salesman) showed. I think we should just generalize this to most humans so no one gets upset.
    Barry

My VIN:    5312, (860 sold)

Good job Michael!! I also love animals and would of done the same thing. Honestly I wouldn't of thought the little guy would lasted through the night, so u must of done something right
    It really pisses me off when people don't give two shits about suffering animals.

My VIN:    05141

People that are nice to animals are also nice to other people.
    I love animals and I will do anything to help one in distress.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    What are we arguing about here? Why does someone always get their feathers ruffled (pun intended, that's funny)? Is there nothing better to do than nit pick what Michael said, who gives a f@&.
    +1

A good dude is the guy who does the right thing amongst a group of assholes.

Yertheman, Michael

My VIN:    3757

ah...

If you can't love an animal you are not going to do well with people...

OP should have said "Some people can be Assholes".... and we know they can, does not really matter what they do for a living. Stand back, and you will see... the OP was just venting and pissed off at "Those" salesmen... We all know how that goes, so we can cut him some slack... There are a lot more good guys than bad in my experance.

Craig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast