FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Delorean

My VIN:    10625

Thanks for the response!

I will definitely shoot you an email!
    I'm looking at a couple of cars atm. but it is hard seeing as I'm overseas until mid july. I will keep my eyes and ears open until mid summer and hopefully by then I will have found the perfect car for me

Cheers!

Selling my DeLorean

Quote Originally Posted by drdelorean View Post
    Thanks for the response!

I will definitely shoot you an email!
    I'm looking at a couple of cars atm. but it is hard seeing as I'm overseas until mid july. I will keep my eyes and ears open until mid summer and hopefully by then I will have found the perfect car for me

Cheers!
    Just wondering if you are in the military? Our oldest son is in Sarajevo in the Missouri National Guard on a peace keeping mission and is scheduled to be back in October or November.

BTW - Got the A/C done (new compressor and belt) and the new windshield will be in tomorrow (was supposed to have been today but got postponed). Everything else is the way it's supposed to be and everything works! Send me an e-mail and I can send pics.

Fred

Thank you ViperGuy fro sending me pictures of your Delorean, it looks very nice!

It's definitely one of my top pics at the moment. Where are you located? Like other people have said, I will definitely have to have someone look at the car for me or go do it myself, so I hope your in no rush to sell??

So the search is going good, I found this Delorean on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/221455068633...84.m1423.l2649

I like the way it looks and whats written about it, it also gives you a link to view more photos, some good pics from underneath the car as well.
    The good thing it is a california delorean which means it won't be far for me to travel and it is not to far from DMC california.
    It says it the ad the the car has had a battery drainage problem since it was new? anyone else had this problem?

Again, thanks for all the help here!

My VIN:    03572

All stock DeLoreans will drain a fully charged battery in two or three months not being run. Problem shows up sooner if owner just runs it for a quick warmup and expects that to charge the battery.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Makes sense! I was just hoping it wouldn't be a more serious issue

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by drdelorean View Post
    So the search is going good, I found this Delorean on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/221455068633...84.m1423.l2649

I like the way it looks and whats written about it, it also gives you a link to view more photos, some good pics from underneath the car as well.
    The good thing it is a california delorean which means it won't be far for me to travel and it is not to far from DMC california.
    It says it the ad the the car has had a battery drainage problem since it was new? anyone else had this problem?

Again, thanks for all the help here!
    This car does look nice. Kudos to whoever the photographer was as they got some great angles of the car inside and out to show you various things.

A couple thoughts:

- We know the tachometer kind of goes wherever it pleases when you shut off the car, but I have never seen one peg out on the high side as this one does. It's over past the redline numbers for some reason. Seeing what the needle does when the car is running should tell you more about it.

- The ad says approximately 2,800 miles yet the odometer says 2,6xx something. Two things here potentially. The car is getting driven while it is for sale and after the photos were taken (which is a good thing in terms of getting it some exercise). Or, there are some angle drive problems. If you go see the car and it still shows 2,600 and something, it says to me the speedo isn't working. Mostly because you don't overestimate your miles in an ad like this, not when you would have written "approximately 2,700" or even "approximately 2,600 miles." Driving it will show you whether the speedo works of course.

- The frame has one of the black coating materials on it, which is fine. It looks though like there is a lot of road grime for a car that has only ever seen 2,800 miles and been stored most of it's life. When you see it and ask more questions, I'll bet you learn quickly whether the mileage is close to that or another number entirely. Focus on the condition more anyway and not the number, just keep it in mind in terms of gauging what the seller is all about.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

That is true Jonathan. Hopefully I can get a friend of mine to go check the car out before the auction ends.
    This Delorean might need some work to get in the order I want it to be, but if I'm able to get it at a good price, I can spend the rest of my money of getting it where it needs to be.

So the dent it has in the hood, even though it's small, are we talking big bucks to fix this? Anyone have any experience with that?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

fwiw, the dent is in the LF fender, not the hood, so it should be easy to take off and repair. Guessing $200-400 with the right guy.

Have you seen these pictures here:

https://plus.google.com/+ClayRaedeker/posts

IMO, it looks like a car that was bought, driven for a while in 1983/4 and then stored. The seller has recently revived/restored it, and I suspect it hasn't driven many miles recently. Brand new tires, fuel system, brake system and headliner would confirm that. The classic requirements of a revival. The lack of an autocheck report on an 83 car and the MAR tax sticker would also imply that it has only entered the DMV computers this year.

Doesn't make it a bad car, or course, everything certainly looks straight. But you should expect to start working your way through all the rubber components as the car gets more exercise.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My bad *left fender of course! I just though it was the hood, because either that or the front fender looks a bit off when you look at the "straight ahead" photo.

Thanks for your input, helps me!

I know this car might need some work, but if I can get it for a good price I'd be happy to invest a few bucks to get the car in the condition I want it to be

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast