FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What About Your Delorean Do You Dislike The Most?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by dustybarn View Post
    Visibility at night under rainy conditions
    You drive your DeLorean in the rain? At night??
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    That's the main thing I dislike the most. How HOT the inside of the car can get in the summertime.

George
    This by far. I love black interior cars a lot more than grey interior cars, but man do I get jealous of how much cooler they can be in the summer...

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Other people.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by JRNY13 View Post
    Turning radius
    Yeah, turn radius can be annoying. I've seen school buses make tighter turns. You just kinda get used to it.
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

My VIN:    01955

Refinement in general when technically this was a premuim product. Having one now for a few years, you kind of start to see characteristics that make you go

Suspension, how it bangs and thumps. Visability. I know it's a sports car, but boy, that front right corner is hard to judge. Sausage magnet unfortunately. Turning circle, need a planet. Keeping the stainless clean. Power, just needs a touch more. Fear of something going wrong or stop working. Seatbelt buzzer. Idiots telling me that I need to convert it into a time machine and the other idiots who think they know everything about the Delorean, who have no idea other than what they have learnt from BTTF.

Good things though;
    Seating position. Feeling special driving it The exterior and interior design. Huey Lewis. Sitting inside with the doors closed. Runnings costs (compared to other rare classics) and it's a Delorean!

My VIN:    05141

On my knees cleaning those wheels with a toothbrush....

Jan

Steering with power

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    ...Fear of something going wrong or stop working.
    I feel you, man. I think the same thing. I just had #3922 standing in the garage for 3 weeks and turned it on to hear it nearly stall out of idle. These are those moments where you hope that it will at least bring you home, shoudl this happen on the road. But it was working fine again after a drive around the block. I hope that my D will be mechanically sound and reliable at some stage....maybe wishful thinking.

My VIN:    6125

Lots of good ones already listed... The one big one that comes to my mind first is the quality of the interior pieces and how hot the interior gets when parking in the sun. I'm always in fear of the dash discoloring worse than it already is or starting to crack. The same issues exist on a lot of other 80's cars though so it's not really a DeLorean specific thing. Better interior materials and design of the dash/binnacle would have made this less of an issue.

The mild steel multi-layer welded chassis/frame is also kind of a poor design choice. The thin layers welded together is fine if the epoxy does its job and seals out water, but as soon as any cracks form and water gets in there it's like a wick that just pulls moisture in and starts rusting a lot faster than if they had used thicker sections of steel.

Heavy steering effort wasn't as noticeable for me when I first bought the car because at the time my daily driver was a '94 Civic DX that also didn't have power steering. Since then I've replaced my DD with a car that has power steering after a long winter of not driving the DeLorean that first drive takes some re-learning that you've gotta be rolling to be able to steer. The wide turning radius is also annoying especially considering how short the wheelbase is.

My VIN:    6585

Idiots. That's what I dislike the most about my car. I can handle some shortcomings and just as easily accept the fact that it's a 30 year old used car. But the idiots just gnaw away and get on my nerves. Sometimes they're random jerks in parking lots and gas stations, and sometimes they're other owners. But absolute, moronic idiots are the worst thing that comes with this car.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Attention. ..get over it. You bought a dream car and you expect people to not approach you?

Well if it attracts idiots...what does that say a out the people who not only are attracted to them but pay thousands of dollars to own one? I guess you could say the "idiots" are smart enough not to buy one. Idiots like them, but the really stupid people buy them.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast