FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New 1981 owner. Trying for "$2000, non-destructive" Time Machine mod. Wish me luck!

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by bcarreras View Post
    Hi...I was able to get them printed up onto window decals. I then used a razor blade to trace the outlines. Pretty easy. Here's a pic:

Attachment 27145
    That looks pretty sweet Any chance you'd be willing to share the decal source images?

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hi...I was able to get them printed up onto window decals. I then used a razor blade to trace the outlines. Pretty easy. Here's a pic:

Attachment 27145
    OK... That's not bad looking for what your goal is.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post
    That looks pretty sweet Any chance you'd be willing to share the decal source images?
    I did a search for hi-res images on the internet, and found some great ones of the screen used car. I just had it printed where it was big enough to be the right size onto clear vinyl sticker material.

The photo of the other side (with the green canisters) didn't turn out as well (too dark to be effective), so I am hunting for some that may be rendered, etc.

My first round of prints were too narrow by an inch (I didn't account for curve), so I am going to clean them up.

If anyone has a high-res pic of the Right side, PLEASE consider forwarding it my way. Thanks.

Once I stuck them on, I used a razor-blade to cut the outline of the part, which added a degree of depth.

I will humbly say the right side (not pictured) turned out looking pretty horrible, other than the silver boxes, which have a cool 3-D effect.

Car is at my buddies' shop getting all of the electronics looked over, so I can't send pics at the moment of the right side.

I will keep you posted. Here's a recent pic of my other buddy and my neighbors getting a kick out of the car:

IMG_20140505_204109.jpg

Oh...I picked THESE up today, which were in 4' sections, 6" wide. I am supposed to be picked up the laser-cut aluminum for the rear portion tomorrow.

I am going off of the flat cad diagram for that portion, so I think I will be spending MOST of my time figuring out the arrangement of how the pieces go together before trying to find someone to weld them. Neat!

IMG_20140513_173554.jpg

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Attachment 27145
    Holy crap those look awesome! Any chance you want to make another set and sell them?

My VIN:    3299

Attachment 27145
    Wow, holy crap those look really good!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Attachment 27145
    That's almost exactly like the set I had seen before, and exactly what I would like to do to mine. If you get the other side down, please offer us your sources, as obviously I'm not the only one here interested in doing that.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    6125

I have this Universal Studios ref photo of the passenger side of the car in high res. PM me with your email address if you want the full version.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Wow, holy crap those look really good!
    Sure...I would consider selling them to make life easier for people.

I wonder what the interest is. They aren't 100% the right size yet, but when I do the next round, I will get a few extra printed up, and offer them up on the forum.

Take care! - Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I have this Universal Studios ref photo of the passenger side of the car in high res. PM me with your email address if you want the full version.

Hi, Mark!

I would very much like to see the picture. I sent you a PM. If you have the left side as well, it would be grand. I guess I could always do it better, and may as well use the Ref photo. Cool!

Brett

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast