Hi!

My name is Brett.

I am the owner of a 1981 Automatic which I finally got running a week ago (curse you, "live" fuel pump!).

In addition, I operate the VA Comicon in Richmond. It has always been my dream to own a Time Machine.

I am trying for a low-budget "non-destructive" Time machine conversion, cutting some corners to achieve an overall look.

I wish I had a ton of $$ to do it movie authentic, but I am still paying off the car itself. Hah!

So, here is what I have, and my thoughts so far:

Diamond Select Flux Capacitor ($350)
1st Gen Ipad for Time Circuits ($100)
Hi Res teardrop window Decals of components ($50)
Schumacher 12v portable power ($100)
Sound Activated LED battery powered visual Equalizer ($10)
Custom cut Grille material in 4' sections ($100)
Piping for exterior grille pieces ($100)
Laser Cut aluminum sheet using BTTFparts CAD design for rear exhaust / back section ($600)
Dodge Polaris Hubcap, Circular stove chimney piece, and PVC section for fusion reactor ($60)
Blue LED volt meters for vehicle dash hardwired for glovebox piece ($50)
Old Android phone with free GPS speedometer placed inside of custom built box from lowes ($20)
4 8port ethernet switches and 16 multi-colored 20' cables for flux box and cables ($120)
40 2.5" suction cup dent pullers to attach pieces to exterior without damage ($100)
60 ft BLUE 12v LED hi yield waterproof ropelight ($60)
12v switch activated remote control power box ($15)

Yup...that's my budget. My hope is to have the entire mod be removable without leaving a scratch using suction cups. Sounds crazy, I know.

My goal is to have the entire mod done by November so I can bring it to the VA Comicon that I Run at the Raceway to try to raise some $$ for charity with it.

If there are any other Delorean owners who would like to have their car on display at the show, PLEASE contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Wish me Luck!