FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New 1981 owner. Trying for "$2000, non-destructive" Time Machine mod. Wish me luck!

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by bcarreras View Post
    Sure...I would consider selling them to make life easier for people.

I wonder what the interest is. They aren't 100% the right size yet, but when I do the next round, I will get a few extra printed up, and offer them up on the forum.

Take care! - Brett
    I'd take a set! Those look pretty nice for just being a decal.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Sure...I would consider selling them to make life easier for people.

I wonder what the interest is. They aren't 100% the right size yet, but when I do the next round, I will get a few extra printed up, and offer them up on the forum.

Take care! - Brett
    I might be up as well... Did you say what it cost to print them? Also, are they printed on vinyl so they can be re-used or are they destroyed when they're removed? If they could be done on vinyl like a window cling you could put them on and take them off at will.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    07000

PJ Grady had been working on a non-destructive BTTF kit that was using hooks or something that went under the body panels and attached to existing hardware so the was no need for drilling. Supposedly you could convert/unconvert in less than an hour IIRC.

My VIN:    6125

Hi, Mark!

I would very much like to see the picture. I sent you a PM. If you have the left side as well, it would be grand. I guess I could always do it better, and may as well use the Ref photo. Cool!

Brett
    Hey Brett, I responded back to your PM, I'll send out the full res version of that right hand side photo this afternoon. I've got a high res photo of the left side of the car but I think it's the same photo you're already using:

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    PJ Grady had been working on a non-destructive BTTF kit that was using hooks or something that went under the body panels and attached to existing hardware so the was no need for drilling. Supposedly you could convert/unconvert in less than an hour IIRC.
    This kit has been researched and is ready to go as soon as Chris N gets a free block of time to produce it (he thinks August at the moment). However it is just the exterior props (at present) and will cost considerably more than this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    This kit has been researched and is ready to go as soon as Chris N gets a free block of time to produce it (he thinks August at the moment). However it is just the exterior props (at present) and will cost considerably more than this version.
    I am definitely going for a feeling rather than movie authentic. For example, check out this $6 (+$2 s/h) "Wormhole Emitter" I found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O25Q1Q/..._6cwQH.0R0TSH6

Thanks for all of the hi-res photos, guys!

Best,

Brett

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    If they could be done on vinyl like a window cling you could put them on and take them off at will.

Cheers
    Steven
    +1

I'm loving the work here man! Always good to see new ways to do this especially on a budget. As a proud (ex) owner of a 'destructive' one the only thing I will say is that any externally mounted parts like the flux bands get me extremely nervous. Mine were bolted in tight, and you could still see them flexing a little when hitting high speeds on the roads. For the sake of a few holes on, let's face it, a car you're not going to turn back into a stock Delorean anyway, I'm just not sure... If they come off at high speed you're in for a big repair bill to cars around you and possibly worse.

My VIN:    6125

You may want to research 3M VHB adhesive tape. It's designed for structural applications and I've read about it being used to secure aluminum panels on skyscrapers. It can work better than mechanical fasteners for some applications because it allows for expansion and contraction between different materials.

Not sure if that exactly fits the category of 'non destructive' though since it's designed to be a permanent bond. If you ever wanted to remove parts you've adhered in place you'd have to get creative with how to do it without damaging the stainless.

Hi...I too am concerned about high speeds. In an ideal world, everything will be easily unclipped and stashed in the trunk. Here is a photo of the top of the fusion chamber. The yellow cap is dead wrong, so we have to change it for one with a handle.

uploadfromtaptalk1400174891882.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast