FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New 1981 owner. Trying for "$2000, non-destructive" Time Machine mod. Wish me luck!

Just picked up the laser-cut aluminum parts based on Mr. Weaver's CAD designs. Can't wait to fiddle with them over the weekend to figure out how they all fit together. Wish me luck! -Brettuploadfromtaptalk1400181710938.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Interesting thread.

As I too am making a non destructable BTTF replica and stock hybrid and I create all of the props by my self, I realized that a less than 8000 USD (material cost strictly) of making all that is close to impossible.

I have epoxy glued iron bars behind the stainless panels to allow magnets topped with antisrcatch textile o have the exterior stuff mount. Plus used an aluminum bar in a black plastic tube ton bend that thing wire look into shape. That also keeps things in place.

I will be intrigued by your project...
    GOOD LUCK!
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Excellent thread, your window decals are amazing I am in the middle of a "no holes" conversion and have just about finished the interior. I will be very interested in how you get on with this project as the exterior may be next goal

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Interesting thread.

As I too am making a non destructable BTTF replica and stock hybrid and I create all of the props by my self, I realized that a less than 8000 USD (material cost strictly) of making all that is close to impossible.

I have epoxy glued iron bars behind the stainless panels to allow magnets topped with antisrcatch textile o have the exterior stuff mount. Plus used an aluminum bar in a black plastic tube ton bend that thing wire look into shape. That also keeps things in place.

I will be intrigued by your project...
    GOOD LUCK!
    Very cool idea of using added metal to make the car magnetic.

Brett

My VIN:    2723

That is very Clever!
    Pretty cool idea

mike

Quote Originally Posted by bcarreras View Post
    Hi...I was able to get them printed up onto window decals. I then used a razor blade to trace the outlines. Pretty easy. Here's a pic:

Attachment 27145

Quote Originally Posted by howlingwind13 View Post
    That is very Clever!
    Pretty cool idea

mike
    if any one can please send me a couple of hi res piks to make a decal for the rear right and left window of my delorean that would be great love this thread

regards

james

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by bcarreras View Post
    I am definitely going for a feeling rather than movie authentic. For example, check out this $6 (+$2 s/h) "Wormhole Emitter" I found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O25Q1Q/..._6cwQH.0R0TSH6

Thanks for all of the hi-res photos, guys!

Best,

Brett

Did you ever finalize the size and such for the window decals? I'd really be in for a set as I would guess some other guys here would be as well.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Yes. I am interested in those decals as well.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by jamesvnz View Post
    if any one can please send me a couple of hi res piks to make a decal for the rear right and left window of my delorean that would be great love this thread

regards

james
    There is a gent who lives in Mass. with a dead on conversion...perhaps he could help...

You talk some TV, I talk some TV zer0v3locity's Avatar

My VIN:    #2628 (Black, Auto)

How is this lowbudget project coming along???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast