I want to get ahold of a used manual transmission. If the transmission has some problems it's actually preferred. I don't plan on using the transmission as is. I want to get one that I can open up and play around with, primarily on the input shaft side. I want to work on designing my own single piece input shaft (but I don't want to drop my transmission to do the research).

The main requirement is that it must have both halves of the input shaft (gear side and clutch side) in tact. Broken teeth, bad synchros, bad spring clips, jammed roll pins, broken selectors, leaky lip seals, blown off 5th gear nuts, all are welcome. I would prefer that the differential not be too damaged but I'd still consider it.

At minimum, I'd even be interested in just the input shafts (both halves) by themselves, however; having the case and output shaft would make mockups easier.

Let me know if you've got anything available. I'll be at DCS so if you're going and I could get it there, it'd be awesome (though I'd have to figure out how to transport it in a Delorean)

Thanks!

Nick