FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Screw Sizes Needed for Tail Lights and Licence Plate Holder

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Screw Sizes Needed for Tail Lights and Licence Plate Holder

I am finishing up getting things together on my car from working several months on it. I apparently lost the plastic baggy holding the screws to the tail lights and to the licenses plate holder. I had nice SS screws so that's what I want to put back in there. What are the sizes for the tail lights and the license plate holder?
    Shannon

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    I am finishing up getting things together on my car from working several months on it. I apparently lost the plastic baggy holding the screws to the tail lights and to the licenses plate holder. I had nice SS screws so that's what I want to put back in there. What are the sizes for the tail lights and the license plate holder?
    m4 for the tail light

10/24 for the four license plate ones
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    2964

What do you recommend if the taillight screws had to be drilled out? I have to put bigger screws or anything?
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

I bought some M4 - .70 (at least that is what they were labelled in the bin) for the tail lights. They don't seem to be screwing into the holes very well. I will have to investigate further.

I got some black flat head bolts from Ace Hardware for the license plate. Those look very nice.
    Shannon

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    I bought some M4 - .70 (at least that is what they were labelled in the bin) for the tail lights. They don't seem to be screwing into the holes very well. I will have to investigate further.

I got some black flat head bolts from Ace Hardware for the license plate. Those look very nice.
    My tail light screws are double-threaded, known as hi-lo point for use on plastics and low density materials. They are all exactly the same so I just assumed that's how they came from the factory. I wanted to replace them with stainless versions but I couldn't find any at the time.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    10722

Make your life easy and just order the SS exterior lights/license plate screw set from PJ Grady. You can get them unpainted or black. It's about $28 + S&H. I just found their add for these in an old Gullwing magazine from the early 2000's and ordered a set. Call them - this isn't on their website. Make sure to apply anti-seize to the SS screws before you install them in the aluminum nuts. I don't think anyone makes the hi-lo screws anymore in any material and DMCH doesn't have them.

Andy

The 10/24 - 1-1/4" bolts work great for the licenses plate holder and the M4 - .70 (about 1-1/4" long also) work for the tail lamps. I chose black bolts that require a hex allen wrench to screw them in. I think the black looks better than SS or silver screws.
    Attached Images
    Shannon

My VIN:    10722

Are these stainless steel?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by gulwng3 View Post
    Are these stainless steel?

Andy
    I doubt it.
    Shannon

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

stainless screw sets

If anyone is looking for stainless screw sets get a hold of PJ Grady Delorean.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast