FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Seeking volunteer judges for DeLorean Concours at DCS Dayton

Seeking volunteer judges for DeLorean Concours at DCS Dayton

DeLorean Marque Certification will be conducting a DeLorean concours event at DCS 2014 in Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, June 14, 2014. We are seeking both experienced judges from the past and new assistants interested in learning about judging to participate in the event. Judging can be a fun experience and a chance to become more familiar with the DeLorean automobile. Past experience is not necessary, nor do you need to be a DeLorean owner in order to judge. Non-owner enthusiasts are welcome and encouraged to volunteer as well. The vehicles are judged using criteria contained in an established judging manual to see which level of certification they qualify for.

If you will be attending DCS in Dayton and you are willing and able to volunteer, or if you have any questions about judging, please let us know by replying to this post. Judges and assistant judges will receive special shirts at the event for their participation.

The DeLorean Marque Certification Organization, formerly Millennium (DeLorean) Concours, is a group of DeLorean owners and enthusiasts dedicated to giving recognition to the finest examples of the DeLorean DMC-12 automobile with regard to factory originality and condition. To learn more about the DeLorean Marque Certification organization, DeLorean Concours d'Elegance, certification awards, or to download the Marque Certification Judging Manual, Please visit:
    http://deloreanmarquecertification.com/

Best Regards,

Dan Wilson
    Head Judge, DeLorean Marque Certification
    VIN 16192

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxkompensator View Post
    DeLorean Marque Certification will be conducting a DeLorean concours event at DCS 2014 in Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, June 14, 2014. We are seeking both experienced judges from the past and new assistants interested in learning about judging to participate in the event. Judging can be a fun experience and a chance to become more familiar with the DeLorean automobile. Past experience is not necessary, nor do you need to be a DeLorean owner in order to judge. Non-owner enthusiasts are welcome and encouraged to volunteer as well. The vehicles are judged using criteria contained in an established judging manual to see which level of certification they qualify for.

If you will be attending DCS in Dayton and you are willing and able to volunteer, or if you have any questions about judging, please let us know by replying to this post. Judges and assistant judges will receive special shirts at the event for their participation.

The DeLorean Marque Certification Organization, formerly Millennium (DeLorean) Concours, is a group of DeLorean owners and enthusiasts dedicated to giving recognition to the finest examples of the DeLorean DMC-12 automobile with regard to factory originality and condition. To learn more about the DeLorean Marque Certification organization, DeLorean Concours d'Elegance, certification awards, or to download the Marque Certification Judging Manual, Please visit:
    http://deloreanmarquecertification.com/

Best Regards,

Dan Wilson
    Head Judge, DeLorean Marque Certification
    VIN 16192
    I'm guessing that participants are excluded from volunteering, for obvious reasons, right?

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I'm guessing that participants are excluded from volunteering, for obvious reasons, right?
    That is correct. If your vehicle is entered in this concours you cannot judge in this particular competition.

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Hi Dan,

I'm interested in participating. I'm a current owner and am interested in assisting depending on the commitment.

What will the time commitment be for the entire show?

About how long does judging each car take?

I'd hate to commit and find out that I'd be missing out on other significant parts of the convention since this would be my first show.

Thanks!

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Hi Dan,

I'm interested in participating. I'm a current owner and am interested in assisting depending on the commitment.

What will the time commitment be for the entire show?

About how long does judging each car take?

I'd hate to commit and find out that I'd be missing out on other significant parts of the convention since this would be my first show.

Thanks!
    Hi,

Thank you for your interest. I understand your concern. Almost everything associated with the concours judging takes place on Saturday during the day. While I do not have a final itinerary, here's an idea - We typically meet for a judges breakfast Saturday morning, 8AM to 9AM-ish, eat, hand out shirts and go over the details. We typically judge during the trade show that starts at 10AM. The judging typically takes several hours. You would generally miss some of the trade show and tech seminars. Sometimes we judge the operation controls at some point on Friday, before the owners give their cars a final cleaning and while outside. That does not require everyone. Only the one or two judges assigned to that section. Don't think that would affect you. I was also considering getting us all together informally prior to Saturday to get acquainted, but that's not a requirement. I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if this would work for you.

Best Regards,

Dan W.

My VIN:    2543

I could assist. Owner for 6 years and have thumbed through the concours manual many times over the years.
    Ben B. | VIN 2543 | 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Quote Originally Posted by BigBenb84 View Post
    I could assist. Owner for 6 years and have thumbed through the concours manual many times over the years.
    Hi Ben, I sent you a PM