FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For The Love of Cars - DeLorean Show (Channel 4 UK) Right Hand Drive story

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post
    Uploaded to Vimeo: the password to view the video is dmc-12

Also uploaded to youtube but this may or may not work if you are outside of the UK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZd9KPjVh0s
    Wow, thanks. I could not stop watching until I had seen it. Really nicely done.

I now have the urge to watch "Life on Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes" again. Philip Glenister is really an icon.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Pretty good. Thanks very much for posting that.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

That was really well done. Thanks for uploading it!

My two favorite bits: £23,000! And this:
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 6.35.10 PM.jpg

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

[QUOTE=MikeWard;144543]Uploaded to Vimeo: the password to view the video is dmc-12 [QUOTE]

Thanks for the link Mike. Great quality video. Other than a few minor incorrect details (as always) over-all, it was a great DeLorean show.

My VIN:    5757

Is he going over the car with WD-40 towards the end? Do people use this as a cleaner or an actual polish for their cars?

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by JRNY13 View Post
    Is he going over the car with WD-40 towards the end? Do people use this as a cleaner or an actual polish for their cars?
    IIRC, Chris N. uses whatever is on hand for a "whetting agent" to help highlight the area, to verify completeness
    of repair and refinishing. WD-40 or SS Polish can be used during final blending with correct 3M Scotch-brite pad.

My VIN:    03037

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    IIRC, Chris N. uses whatever is on hand for a "whetting agent" to help highlight the area, to verify completeness
    of repair and refinishing. WD-40 or SS Polish can be used during final blending with correct 3M Scotch-brite pad.

Hi Rich, I saw the Love of Cars and your ride in it - suppppper cool! Question; What is the correct 3M Scotch-brite pad # to use for final blending? I know delorean.com sells a grey one (no mention of the 3M #) and Hervey sell's a brown one... kinda lost here and hesitant to start using either of them w/o some input on this... thx - Brian
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

Quote Originally Posted by skill View Post
    Hi Rich, I saw the Love of Cars and your ride in it - suppppper cool! Question; What is the correct 3M Scotch-brite pad # to use for final blending? I know delorean.com sells a grey one (no mention of the 3M #) and Hervey sell's a brown one... kinda lost here and hesitant to start using either of them w/o some input on this... thx - Brian
    Hi Brian,

The following are the type I have been using for the past decade (and the one's Chris N. uses when he is here).

Scotch Brite Pads: 3M #7446, Coarse – Dark Grey (available through a number of different suppliers found online)

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

Really great presentation of the car, and the man. I too cringed at the flatbed shots, and then again when all of those wet leaves stuck to the front screen with the cars in formation.

Was the car really recalled twice? I assume one of these was the famous front end recall.

I felt that most of the story was accurate. But if I didn't know any better after watching the program, I might think JZD invented EFI for the DMC-12.

Never fear. I know better.

Recommended this to a few friends who wanted to know more about the car. Thanks for posting. Always a treat to see the D Rex. The distance shots in motion are surreal.

Oh and, was it a Wooler Hodec conversion?

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Oh and, was it a Wooler Hodec conversion
    Not a factory one no, however it's so similar we believe it was done either by WH after the demise of DMC or by WH staff. Rack Etc is all correct. Because the history of the car is a bit sketchy it's a bit difficult to know.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast