FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sanden 508 vs. 510 and installation

My VIN:    2964

I just bought this from ebay a few days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I just recieved it, I will post pictures later tonight.

I wanted a polished or chrome look, to give the engine a better look!!

Other auctions I looked up wrote: "Replacement for Sanden model"

This one writes: "New Sanden 508 Compressor", so hopefully it is!!

What should I look out for to know it is the real deal other than the label??
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    I just bought this from ebay a few days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I just recieved it, I will post pictures later tonight.

I wanted a polished or chrome look, to give the engine a better look!!

Other auctions I looked up wrote: "Replacement for Sanden model"

This one writes: "New Sanden 508 Compressor", so hopefully it is!!

What should I look out for to know it is the real deal other than the label??
    Here's a helpful link on identifying "non-genuine" compressors:
    http://www.notofakes.com/Brands/Bran...6/Default.aspx

Also, mine came with a few-page leaflet on the Sanden anti-counterfeit label, how it works, etc - I doubt a fake would include that Not to say it's definitely fake if you don't get one......

Well, here are the pictures of the compressor I got!

The sticker is missing, I emailed the seller, he emailed me back. He said the sticker was partially off so he peeled it off. On top it has the letter "E". on the bottom the letter "G" and B508SC2F.

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    Well, here are the pictures of the compressor I got!

The sticker is missing, I emailed the seller, he emailed me back. He said the sticker was partially off so he peeled it off. On top it has the letter "E". on the bottom the letter "G" and B508SC2F.
    I'm far from an authority on identifying compressors, but I don't like the sound of that 'peeled the sticker off' bit, and I don't see the stamped 'SANDEN' in the body that's supposed to be there...

Banned

Just because something is Made in China doesn't mean it won't work (the new blower motor for my home A/C unit is Made in China) -- buyers just need to be fully informed if that is what they are in fact buying.

I used to swear I would never fly in a Chinese built airliner, then it occurred to me: how many of Boeing's parts are sourced from China?

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Just because something is Made in China doesn't mean it won't work (the new blower motor for my home A/C unit is Made in China) -- buyers just need to be fully informed if that is what they are in fact buying.

I used to swear I would never fly in a Chinese built airliner, then it occurred to me: how many of Boeing's parts are sourced from China?

Bill Robertson
    I do agree with you; you can't completely condemn something based on where it was made. And I think that this applies here too - but it's important to consider that Billy thought he was purchasing a Sanden, and if he that's not what he got.... that's an issue more than a question of the reliability of what he actually did get.

My VIN:    03254

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I sent my old backplate to John in advance and when my compressor arrived the backplate was already installed.

Farrar
    Sadly for me when my compressor went south last year it blew the bolt that holds the hoses on (R12 configuration) out the back so my back plate was useless. I posted pictures of it on the old site. When it happened the bolt hit the fire wall so hard I was afraid it broke through. Sounded like a bullet was shot at me, luckily no damage other than a dead compressor and no AC.

I got my new compressor from John. I stayed with R12 and my AC runs so cold it will freeze you out even on day like the last 12 where we have hit at least 90 every day. Iy has even been a bit humid, I think one day we hit 36%.;-)

Dan
    Last edited by dhaney; 07-29-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    I do agree with you; you can't completely condemn something based on where it was made. And I think that this applies here too - but it's important to consider that Billy thought he was purchasing a Sanden, and if he that's not what he got.... that's an issue more than a question of the reliability of what he actually did get.
    If he didn't get what he paid for he can get a bargain by opening a paypal dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    If he didn't get what he paid for he can get a bargain by opening a paypal dispute.
    Yup, dead on. I hope for his sake that it is though! It might just be an older one that didn't have the stamped casting.

Well, I googled "Sanden 508 Chrome" saw a few results, like this one: http://www.racingjunk.com/category/9...ompressor.html this one writes "Sanden 508 Chrome Air Conditioning Compressor", it doesn't write Sanden style compressor, but that doesn't mean anything.
    and on ebay you'll see them. They are identical to the one I bought. Most of them write "Sanden style compressor" meaning aftermarket and "meet or exceed Sanden's OEM specifications"

I'll contact the seller, see what he has to say.

But I will give it a try!! How bad can it be?? Good price for it compared to the others, plus a free billit aluminum clear powdercoated pulley cover, made by March PErformance http://www.marchperf.com/# which looks awesome!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast