FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Videobob's Time Machine # 16 - For Adam Kontras in Hollywood

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Sounds like they're not looking for your help.
    I think the only one that has a problem with Josh's assistance is you.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I think the only one that has a problem with Josh's assistance is you.
    like you I must have missed where either party said they did not want the help.... I think Josh did a great job being fair as he has no dog in this fight. Both parties will do way better to do what Josh suggested, as it would just cost more time and money to have a Judge tell them the same thing.

My .o2

Craig

Attention Whore

Adam, I also want to add that after speaking with my lawyer buddy, that all of this stuff became my defacto property by omission when you failed to properly inquire about it,
    You failed to bring up this list upon inspection and failed to take any of it with you when we concluded our business.
    You had this inventory list in your possession, yet you did nothing about it.
    You did ask about some of it and I did say "I think it was trash and we threw it out", you were satisfied with that answer and you did not
    inquire about it again, you did not provide the list and you did not make an argument about it.
    If you had, we could have settled up on at that time here at my shop at the time of purchase.
    You had every opportunity when you were here inspecting the car and the finalizing the purchase and wiring me the money to take care of this inventory.
    Furthermore, you stayed with me at my house for an additional several days and had tons of time to review your purchase and at no time was it brought up.
    So, much like other items removed from the car such as the rear glass, the rear louvers, spare tire and etc., these items became discarded debris in the conversion process.
    I had no interest in these items, so little in fact, that they were put in trash bags and put away.
    You however, the entire time, had this email with a detailed list of contents, of which at no time did you request to go through and inventory this list.
    Now, over a month later you bring it up and wage this ridiculous war on me?
    Bottom line, legally, I don't owe you anything.
    It's my property and there is nothing you can do it about it legally or civilly.
    I am willing to let you have it simply because I don't want the stuff and I want to shut you up about it.
    However, no matter your opinion or decision, will I NOT pay you any cash difference or incur any costs associated with this in any way, not after the way you have treated me.
    I will box it up for you and ship it if you pay for the shipping.
    It has become clear to me that you are not a man of your word, that you will do whatever you want and say what you want no matter
    what I do to try to please you.
    I have already gone far and beyond what I normally do for any customer to try to please you.
    I have given you discounts, I have built your car on an impossible deadline,
    (2 weeks, 5 weeks, whatever, it was faster than anyone else could have done it!)
    I gave you tons of free body/electrical work,
    I gave you our best props and maximum details above our normal conversions,
    I have shuttled you around the city back and fourth to the airport,
    I have put you up in my home, fed you, pampered you.... everything but wiped your ass.
    I did everything I agreed to do for you and MORE.
    This disgusting, greedy and ungrateful display make me sick to a level I can't describe.
    Although there may have been a misunderstanding about the parts, their whereabouts and such, the way you have tried to publicly vilify me over it
    is totally unacceptable.

I will accept nothing less than the following:
    * An Apology in a phone call.
    * You pay shipping.
    * You never mention this again.

I'm not interested in continuing this conversation and I will avoid looking at or responding to this thread.
    I will take your call if you choose to do so.
    Otherwise, this stuff will end up in the Dallas landfill soon.

Stay classy, Bob.
    1-800-273-8255

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    Adam, I also want to add that after speaking with my lawyer buddy, that all of this stuff became my defacto property by omission when you failed to properly inquire about it
    While you're certainly free to do as you please, I just want to point out that you may have received some bad legal advice from your buddy.

By your own admission, he complained within 30 days (one month) which is well within any statute of limitation that I'm aware of, as well any court's application of the equitable doctrine of laches. You also never disputed the fact that you took delivery of the car knowing that it contained several spare/additional parts, thus creating a fiduciary duty to either use those parts in your build or ultimately deliver them to the buyer (Adam).

Whether or not Adam was aware of your shop's policy regarding unclaimed merchandise being surrendered to the ownership of the shop after a certain time frame had elapsed is a question of fact that must be established/proven by you in court as an affirmative defense. Unless that policy was also contained within a signed contract, good luck establishing such to the satisfaction of a court.

Both of you have handled the situation deplorably, with the rants, videos of phone conversations being posted to YouTube, public blogs meant to harass and intimidate, etc. IMHO, it's best to look beyond all that crap now and just get this situation resolved to a mutual satisfaction.

But this is your deal - proceed as you wish.

I won't be interjecting further, unless requested.
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 06-20-2014 at 09:57 PM.

My VIN:    2894

Let's review what Bob has admitted to in this thread:

His staff took all of the parts that I had listed and emailed to him before he received the car and put them in boxes and garbage bags, stored out of sight before I got to Dallas.

I asked about them twice in Dallas and Bob admits he mistakenly told me they were 'trash' and thrown away.

When I got my car home I contacted the seller who assured me that they were not only not trash, most items were new and in the original package.

I confront Bob saying I do not believe he threw anything out and only after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau did he tell me "good news! We found a box I didn't know about!"

After more pressure he texts me: "I found this trash bag that I did not recognize so I opened it. inside are your two bass speakers. I had absolutely no idea that these were there."

And this is how he treats me, the customer, because I had the audacity to not take his word that he threw the items out.

Again, not opinion, these are the facts Bob has agreed actually happened in this thread.

Wow.

Personally, I liked the phone message. Something about it just exudes professionalism and business savvy. Managers and small business owners around the country would do well to take a few lessons from Bob on how to appropriately communicate with customers.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

I've been watching this thread for a while, and I feel I need to send Bob a thanks. I own a pool building company that is ranked #3/12,500 pool builders in the USA for customer service and satisfaction. I also own a home building company that is ranked #1 in the PA. Because of my 20 years with a perfect record of customer satisfaction, I've been asked to speak to many groups about customer service and how to develop "raving fans" and ensure 100% customer satisfaction, no matter what.

I don't mean this sarcastically, but I am going to print out this entire thread and use it as an example of how NOT to ever ever ever handle a situation. So many cliche's come to mind

Win the battle but lose the war
    Penny wise pound foolish
    etc.

Bob, as a new member to the Delorean community, I've been extremely happy with the help i've received from forum members and vendors such as DPI, Grady, and DMCMW. Those guys (and gals) know how to please customers. And what i've seen on this forum has impacted where I send my business.

For example, we also own a retro 1950's ice cream shop that my wife runs. After coming back from DCS, I told her it would be fun to get a BTTF car to put at our shop and make it even more of a destination. I found this thread when I was searching for reviews on BTTF vendors. And no matter what the facts are, or how much of a tool Adam may be (sorry adam...don't know you.)...you're confrontational and aggressive behavior is truly one of the best examples I've ever seen of bad customer service.

On a $35k job with great visibility, I can't believe you have taken such a firm stance over a few hundred bucks. I can tell you for certain, after reading how you handled this and your obvious concern about proving yourself right, I'd never do business with you.

Maybe you are so wealthy you don't care about your reputation and making customers 100% happy. But you certainly seem to be wanting to fight rather than resolve this. Wouldn't giving up a few hundred bucks of profit to avoid all this negative publicity be worth it? You certainly can win the battle here, but you lost the war when you got confrontational.

take a step back and chill out. put this issue behind you and move on. or...keep fighting and give me more material for my presentations!

no offense meant, btw. You have a right to treat customers however you wish. I just couldn't help but chime in since I teach people to do exactly the opposite of everything you've done.

ps. we did meet briefly at the show. I complimented you on your amazing work.

tony c

Attention Whore

Tony, did you read the part where from the very beginning I begged Adam to call me and work this out?
    Did you read the part where I told him I would immediately send him the stuff, no questions asked?
    I was ready to take it to the post office and ship it to him but he refused to give me his address or accept it.
    He chose internet terrorism and for what reason I can't figure out.
    I am not wealthy, I'm a man who works hard for a living and I don't like being accused of things I didn't do.
    I never stole anything from this guy nor did I bring this fight here.
    I have offered REPEATEDLY to resolve the situation, again and again he refuses.
    So WHAT DO YOU DO when you have to deal with a totally insane and unreasonable customer who's only real goal is to make you look bad?
    He doesn't want a resolution, because NOTHING I have offered him pleases him.
    SO tell me, how do you handle something like that?
    Teach me, please...
    Let's say you put in a pool for someone and instead of coming to you with a problem they go to a public website of your peers to complain that you are a "thief".
    You offer to do whatever the customer asks of you, but they refuse, they only insist on bashing you and will not take any resolution you offer.
    What do you do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by acaciolo View Post
    I've been watching this thread for a while, and I feel I need to send Bob a thanks. I own a pool building company that is ranked #3/12,500 pool builders in the USA for customer service and satisfaction. I also own a home building company that is ranked #1 in the PA. Because of my 20 years with a perfect record of customer satisfaction, I've been asked to speak to many groups about customer service and how to develop "raving fans" and ensure 100% customer satisfaction, no matter what.

I don't mean this sarcastically, but I am going to print out this entire thread and use it as an example of how NOT to ever ever ever handle a situation. So many cliche's come to mind

Win the battle but lose the war
    Penny wise pound foolish
    etc.

Bob, as a new member to the Delorean community, I've been extremely happy with the help i've received from forum members and vendors such as DPI, Grady, and DMCMW. Those guys (and gals) know how to please customers. And what i've seen on this forum has impacted where I send my business.

For example, we also own a retro 1950's ice cream shop that my wife runs. After coming back from DCS, I told her it would be fun to get a BTTF car to put at our shop and make it even more of a destination. I found this thread when I was searching for reviews on BTTF vendors. And no matter what the facts are, or how much of a tool Adam may be (sorry adam...don't know you.)...you're confrontational and aggressive behavior is truly one of the best examples I've ever seen of bad customer service.

On a $35k job with great visibility, I can't believe you have taken such a firm stance over a few hundred bucks. I can tell you for certain, after reading how you handled this and your obvious concern about proving yourself right, I'd never do business with you.

Maybe you are so wealthy you don't care about your reputation and making customers 100% happy. But you certainly seem to be wanting to fight rather than resolve this. Wouldn't giving up a few hundred bucks of profit to avoid all this negative publicity be worth it? You certainly can win the battle here, but you lost the war when you got confrontational.

take a step back and chill out. put this issue behind you and move on. or...keep fighting and give me more material for my presentations!

no offense meant, btw. You have a right to treat customers however you wish. I just couldn't help but chime in since I teach people to do exactly the opposite of everything you've done.

ps. we did meet briefly at the show. I complimented you on your amazing work.

tony c

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    You offer to do whatever the customer asks of you, but they refuse, they only insist on bashing you and will not take any resolution you offer.
    What do you do about that?
    You drop the BS (forget it, it's in the past), and you state here publicly that a wholly impartial and objective third party looked at the facts, performed a thoughtful, fair, and logical analysis, and rendered a decision based on the relevant/pertinent evidence/facts as they were presented by both of you, just as a judge/jury would do (if not far more thoughtful than any judge/jury would do), and that you're willing to accept and abide by the terms of the settlement proposed by that arbiter.

This has the effect of making you look reasonable and fair, and places pressure on Adam to do the same (as to reject such a proposed settlement would make him look wholly unreasonable, which would also strengthen the validity of your contentions that there's some ulterior motive behind his methodology in all this), thus leading to a swift resolution of the situation for both of you.

But you didn't do that.... instead we got a rant and counter demands from you that you already know Adam is unwilling to accept. Where's the logic in that?

Put your pride aside, take a step back, and be a smart business person...
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 06-20-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast