FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Videobob's Time Machine # 16 - For Adam Kontras in Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    So, what's stopping you???

Just more teasing... the point of which is...???

If you're really concerned about wanting to warn people about shady business practices, as you again claim to be, then give the board the complete details.

By doing all this tease BS, you're just confusing people and leaving them with unanswered questions - not cool.

Post a review and put it all out there - let the members/lurkers decide for themselves.
    ^ This.

Either that, or it's just a bit of extra drama for the blog perhaps?

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    An awful lot of inferences from a single line of text...

Attachment 29029
    OK then - please explain to us why they chose this forum to hash out this dispute and request/demand that we take a position and hold the offending party(ies) accountable if they didn't really mean it. I'm trying to understand why you feel that my interaction in this thread is unwarranted, as it's exactly what was requested from these two by the community.

If my interaction is incorrect, then please oh great one, enlighten us all as to exactly what an appropriate response should be, as I'm all ears (or eyes, such as it is)....

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKontras View Post
    Guys, I'm dealing with this outside of the board and it involves much more than what you've read. The reason I 'accepted' the $150 nightflyer offered is because I find it humorous that he makes judgments. To my own detriment I have kept quiet about the modification issues as it has nothing to do with this 'parts' issue, but I decided it was best to focus on one issue at a time. In fact once I finally got the paperwork with my car, I went over it with the seller and found that parts INSTALLED on the car that had nothing to do with the modification were taken. <blink>. It never occurred to either of us that we needed to provide a list of parts INSTALLED on the car.

The truth is we've all kind of stumbled onto a business practice that is a huge issue. I'm trying to find the best way to deal with that and keep others from having the same thing happen to them. Clearly supplying the shop with a list of the items beforehand is futile. It seems you need to strip your own car in order to be safe. However speaking with the other builders this whole scenario is embarrassing to them and in all honesty any shop. This is above and beyond what a customer should expect when dealing with modifications.

But again, all of this is being dealt with privately now and I'm certainly not holding out for judgments from board members. Only one person on this board knows the whole story (other than Bob) and I've asked him to let this all pass over before he jumps in. The only reason I even came back on here was because I was asked to once I received the parts. Unfortunately the situation isn't completely over but it will be resolved as soon as possible.
    We're clearly on your side here, so being snotty with people ain't helping. I don't even have to know the details like this other guy, I know EXACTLY the stuff that nob does as he's done it to a friend of mine who also owns a time machine (build in progress). I did my research when I got one and wouldn't ever use him for a part, never mind a full conversion.

I think given the circumstances you've been lucky here (hard to believe). He can have a reality show all he wants, but when the sensible people do their research, the only 'reality' is that he's hated in almost every prop community for well documented reasons, and it will never change. Usually the ones who promote well (the one and only thing he gets right) and get on tele, are the ones to avoid.

My VIN:    Former Owner

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr2nut123 View Post
    ^ This.

Either that, or it's just a bit of extra drama for the blog perhaps?
    Yeah this whole thing is just for attention. That's the M.O.

My VIN:    3299

OK dok, we're about done here.

The OP says he's done with talking about it here. This thread needs to end, and it does here.

DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28