FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The infamous $69,900 DeLorean!

My VIN:    16882.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Really nice, but at that price range, who can afford it? And does it really worth that price?...

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I'm confused; why is this a $70,000 car?

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I'm confused; why is this a $70,000 car?
    stonecoldsaidso.jpg

nice looking car but honestly I have no idea what makes someone think it's worth 70k
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    stonecoldsaidso.jpg

nice looking car but honestly I have no idea what makes someone think it's worth 70k
    That's probably not the right premise. You shouldn't be asking why does the seller think it's worth 70k, you should be asking why he thinks there is a 70k buyer out there? Maybe he is not even that serious. The seller may not think it's worth anything, but maybe he thinks he can get what he wants for it by over valuing it. Maybe he doesn't even care one way or the other.

I know where he is coming from, just for the hell of it I recently put a few of my scale models for sale on ebay since I have so many free listings. I over inflated the price a little because quite frankly, I don't need to sell them and I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If I actually needed to sell them then I would re-evaluate my strategy. I just put my motorcycle up on CL for double what I paid for it, why not? It's a free listing and I don't have to talk to anyone I don't want to.

You know the old saying, the best time to look for a better job is when you don't need one. It's pretty much the same logic. Bottom line is whoever or whomever owns RK of Charlotte seems like he/they know how to sell a car or two.
    Last edited by Michael; 05-24-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

"Beneficiary of a recent $30k freshening"

$30,000 "freshening".

Really ? What does one get for a $30,000 DeLorean freshening?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Must have bought it from D1!

http://deloreanone.com/refurbished.html
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    First 700

Aside from being dishonest; it could be someone, like a Delorean restoration shop, faking a listing so that the 35K ones look reasonable. Heck, maybe we should all put 55K listings up for junkier D's so that people start to think they are stealing our cars by talking us down to 40. I'm not just talking static listings, I'm talking making it look like the cars are selling for that much too. Right now the shops are just using their websites to make it look like cars are selling high. If they moved into making misleading listings in the same areas that are used by the general public, it would make valuations difficult after a year or so. Wouldn't you feel odd if you listed your car for 25 in a sea of 50K+ listings?

In the early 90s the market for muscle cars moved in a very rapidly upward way. Who would have figured that the AAR Cuda you could have got for 8K would be 35K in 4 years time. All that happened is people saw in magazines and on the newly created Speed TV that cars sold for a high price. Then they go and list their grandma's slant 6 Satellite for 15K calling it a "GTX Tribute".

My VIN:    5628

Not completed

His car is missing all the protective tin on the bottom of the car. The tin serves two purposes, one is protection and two, it directs air to the engine compartment. VW Beetle owners know what I am talking about. So, technically, this car is not complete....for that price, it should be a perfect car... And even then, DAMN and NO WAY come to mind.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by djdogbone View Post
    His car is missing all the protective tin on the bottom of the car. The tin serves two purposes, one is protection and two, it directs air to the engine compartment. VW Beetle owners know what I am talking about. So, technically, this car is not complete....for that price, it should be a perfect car... And even then, DAMN and NO WAY come to mind.
    What??

Looks complete to me, what's missing?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast