FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Would anyone be willing to fly to Seattle to convert my D to EFI?

My VIN:    3060

Would anyone be willing to fly to Seattle to convert my D to EFI?

This is a long shot, but I am thinking of going EFI (no current fuel issues, but thinking of long term maintenance), but don't think I could handle it all on my own. Would anyone be willing to fly out to Seattle for a weekend (at my expense) and convert my D to EFI? I already have Spittybug's rail kit for the stock manifold. I would have to get all the other parts, but that would be the easy part.

I know I could ship the car off to SEO or DPI, but I figured it would be much cheaper to see if someone would be willing to come out here to do the conversion.

Anyway, just seeing if this is too crazy of a request.

My VIN:    06960

While in a past life (pre-family) I could do this in a heartbeat, nowadays it isn't so easy. Not really a long shot though if you ask me. I've done this stuff before, not EFI over a weekend; but I've traveled to DeLoreans afar to perform maintenance, repairs, and modifications. I'm unsure what your timetable is, but this could be something I could do in the fall or early winter. Of course I would need to prepare with my family (going to DCS alone is hard enough every other year). Along with a TON, and I do mean a TON of prepwork to get everything ready to go if this is to be a weekend ordeal. I'm confident to say it can be done. If nobody else tackles this sooner, keep me in mind.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    3060

I'm not in a hurry by any means. I would still have to get all the parts and get more money together anyway. I will check in with you in early Fall (August or September or so) and see if you are still up for it. If anyone else wants to go for a deal like this (hey, a weekend in Seattle is pretty sweet), then feel free to let me know.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I know I could ship the car off to SEO or DPI, but I figured it would be much cheaper to see if someone would be willing to come out here to do the conversion.
    Have you talked to Toby at DMCNW? I don't know if he has an aversion to non stock injection or carb systems but it's worth asking.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!