FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Car won't start! What else should I do? :)

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    I have to say IT WAS the coil to distributor wire! We spend the whole damn morning to try and check and test every single wire that could be part of the game, then my friend found out that that HT red cable connection was actually too loose. Everytime we checked it in these days we put it in the way we found it, BUT we found that it was originally plugged backward! So after tightening a bit the connections and plugging it correctly the spark was there!

The car started rightaway, and we were so happy but so angry about this little mistake that the PO (or the owner before him) did... the vibrations of the engine probably would detach this cable and bye bye idle!!

Now's all secured!
    AWESOME!

Glad it was something cheap/easy to fix.

My VIN:    3305

Yes but try to feel our rage, spending hours to track down the whole ignition system and electrical connections... and then find out that a cable had been plugged backward by some one else...

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Yes but try to feel our rage, spending hours to track down the whole ignition system and electrical connections... and then find out that a cable had been plugged backward by some one else...

Not to toot my own horn, but I seam to recall at least one member who recommended checking that right away when you reported that the problem persisted....

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?98...l=1#post147516

My VIN:    3305

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Not to toot my own horn, but I seam to recall at least one member who recommended checking that right away when you reported that the problem persisted....

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?98...l=1#post147516
    You are right there! I owe you a giant beer!

The cable itself was fine (we tried it in my mama's Lanca Y) but the connections were loose... try to imagine our happiness at the starting of the engine!!!

My VIN:    03572

But now you know the in's & out's of the whole ignition system. So next time (hopefully not your car) you can track it down quickly.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5