FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Problem when reversing into car park

My VIN:    1919 & 2207

Problem when reversing into car park

Hi All,

I was backing into a car park today, and noticed a problem in the rear end. I reversed in left hand down to full lock, there was a feeling through the back of the car like the trans or diff was binding up then quickly releasing making a clunking sound and a rather worrying movement through the back of the car. The bind and release happened about 4-5 times by the time I was into the park. Have since tried to replicate with no luck.

Have recently done the rear wheel bearings, everything seem tight, no apparent issues on visual inspection. Anybody experienced similar symptoms?

Thanks
    Paul Black - Vin 1919

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    Hi All,

I was backing into a car park today, and noticed a problem in the rear end. I reversed in left hand down to full lock, there was a feeling through the back of the car like the trans or diff was binding up then quickly releasing making a clunking sound and a rather worrying movement through the back of the car. The bind and release happened about 4-5 times by the time I was into the park. Have since tried to replicate with no luck.

Have recently done the rear wheel bearings, everything seem tight, no apparent issues on visual inspection. Anybody experienced similar symptoms?

Thanks
    I would inspect the C/V joints and see how much play there is in the final drive. Check the oil level in the transaxle.
    David Teitelbaum