FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Very Positive Experience Working With DPI

My VIN:    05141

[QUOTE=Ikeaboy1;146138]
    Without exaggeration, it drives like a new car. I love it.

What are you talking about man, IT IS A NEW CAR!!!
    Darn, again a car I am officially jealous of. She is a beauty!

Question about the exhaust. The stock exhaust has a lousy noise and the exhaust pipes look like the're from a VW beetle.
    I've seen new exhausts and they sound too loud and it is not my thing.
    I like th looks from these, how is the sound compared to stock?

Enjoy the car
    Jan

Steering with power

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    Question about the exhaust. The stock exhaust has a lousy noise and the exhaust pipes look like the're from a VW beetle.
    I've seen new exhausts and they sound too loud and it is not my thing.
    I like th looks from these, how is the sound compared to stock?
    When I compared the DPI Spec 1 with other aftermarket systems, I noticed it seems to have the largest muffler of the bunch. From the different ones I've heard, the DPI one does feel the quietest too. Please note that it's still louder then stock, especially when accelerating. Once you hit cruising speed on the freeway, it's not very loud and there's no droning (unlike the DMCH Stage 1). In fact I would say road/wind noise is louder at that point. I've long since forgotten about the louder noise but keep noticing the improved performance every time I floor it. Good trade if you ask me.

One other note I wanted to mention about Josh. I went to his booth at DCS and expected to introduce myself along with the fact I purchased the Spec 1 about 3.5 years ago because I had a question regarding an update to it. Once I walked up to him, he looked at my badge and said that it was nice that we finally met and was wondering how I was enjoying the exhaust system. I was very impressed that he remembered that order from so many years ago. He definitely earned his reputation here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2