FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Deloreans - three body cores - lots & lots of parts

Three Deloreans - three body cores - lots & lots of parts

Hi All,

New to the community and really only joined to sell everything Delorean that I own. I have three Deloreans. None of them run and have been sitting for years. I have three of the
    fiberglass body cores (probably a better name for them). I have more parts that I am actually aware of as I never inventoried them. What I know of off the top of my head:

Hood (no gas flap)
    Front quarter panels
    Rear quarter panels
    Extra rims (front/rear/spare)
    Front and rear bumpers
    Engine
    mufflers
    seats
    glass
    louvres
    and lots of boxed parts I have not opened
    lots of original shop manuals
    lots of other items I can't think of right now

You are probably wondering how I have all this yet don't really know what I have. It was inherited from a person who bought as much as he could during the late 80s and ealry 90s. It has all been stuffed away in various places and I have finally gotten it all in one spot and ready to sell. I have attached a couple of pics that show the three deloreans and one of the fiberglass cores. There is still a lot of parts I did not include in the pics. If someone is truly interested I can email more pics and take specific ones at their request. I can also provide VINs if requested. Send me a PM and I can give you my email or phone number. I am looking to get $25k for everything. I am negotiable to a point.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Vins would be great. Thanks.

Where are you located ( sorry, can't see if you have posted it while I am on Tapatalk)

Are you willing to split or are you just interested in selling as one lot?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3757

Well...

Cool... but you may need to put a little more work into what you have... My guess... $25,000 is not going to happen... simple guess, with salvage D's you are looking at way less... If you had one... really nice car.... maybe... You may want to put in a little work in to get top dollar...

I am located in the Fort Worth, Texas area. I will get the VINs tomorrow and post them in this thread. I would really like to keep everything together right now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    Cool... but you may need to put a little more work into what you have... My guess... $25,000 is not going to happen... simple guess, with salvage D's you are looking at way less... If you had one... really nice car.... maybe... You may want to put in a little work in to get top dollar...
    By "a little more work" do you mean some basic clean up and such? Or do you mean putting on the panels that are off etc etc? I am good at the cleaning part and not so much at the mechanical side. I also wonder if I shouldn't just sell the parts from the cars. I had one guy offer me $1k for each of the fiberglass body cores. He was wanting to make golf carts from them. I know what my bottom $ is and that takes a big chunk out of it. I almost think I can make more parting the vehicles out plus all of the other parts I have and make much more than my bottom $. I am just not interested in becoming a parts dealer. Any ideas and input are appreciated. Thanks.

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by v8tt View Post
    By "a little more work" do you mean some basic clean up and such? Or do you mean putting on the panels that are off etc etc? I am good at the cleaning part and not so much at the mechanical side. I also wonder if I shouldn't just sell the parts from the cars. I had one guy offer me $1k for each of the fiberglass body cores. He was wanting to make golf carts from them. I know what my bottom $ is and that takes a big chunk out of it. I almost think I can make more parting the vehicles out plus all of the other parts I have and make much more than my bottom $. I am just not interested in becoming a parts dealer. Any ideas and input are appreciated. Thanks.
    That is what I ment... Parts can make more than the whole.... If someone buys they will part out... Without a complete inventory... it is hard to put a price...

Craig

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Would you say one of them is pretty much complete?

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Very impressive parts for sale.
    If someone is able to buy everything at the same time, it's a good start to restore at least one or two cars.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Don't pay much attention to low ballers. I think you have this priced fairly. I count 4 left fenders, one on each car and at least one alone. If they are all in good shape you have 7-8 thousand right there, in just 4 body panels. You have a right fender also...If no antenna hole then you have another 5-7 hundred.

I you dont get any good offers remember salvage cars bring top dollar on ebay. Run them separately and as complete as you can make them with the spare parts stash you should get pretty close to your number if not over. You can sell the parts left over such as the underbodys and extra panels afterwards. This may take a little extra effort and maybe as much as several months time on your part but I think you could easily make 25k+.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

That is SO rad!

Josh from DPI might be interested. IIRC he's expressed interest in parts cars in the past. I think you'll see more responses when DCS is over.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast