FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS 2014 Awards

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

DCS 2014 Awards

Just thought I would open this up and see who among us here in DMCTalk got awards. Here is mine.

I registered both my cars, but was only able to take my daily driver #16128. I was shocked and honored to achieve "Best Of Show".

My car neighbor was Lenny. Nice to meet you Lenny. You have a fantastic car. Right across from me was Jonathan. Great to meet you as well. There were several others as well that I finally got to put a face with a name/handle. I wish we could all get together more often. Guess it will be another couple of years....

My VIN:    16893

How do I get my engine to look that nice

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Step one...send it to DPI. Step 2...don't let it get too dirty. I give it a mini detail monthly. This is 2 years and about 25,000 miles after the work was completed. Looks as good as when it was fresh. I did drive the car sparingly the week before DCS, and spent lots of time with a steam cleaner and q-tips, so all I had to do was get the grime from driving it up to Ohio off before the judging. No trailers for me!

My VIN:    3937

Likewise Darren. Tons of good memories from the weekend and +1 on seeing each other more often/again.

You mentioned you felt shocked and honored, however undeserving definitely isn't one way to describe you or your car from what I saw. Your car was really, really nice. I know many use this phrase about good cars and great cars and yours was amazing. The attention to detail I think it was you stressed to me makes the difference and I can see that.

You came over to my car when I was trying to understand what the expectations are for me or the car for judging and was talking about what nooks and crannies to clean, etc. And then you said, "oh, and your brake pedal pad is on upside down." I just put it back on the correct way when I got home this afternoon

It's bizarre how well most of us know our cars but cannot see things not right about them when we so rarely have something to compare it to. I have had my face an inch from that brake pedal and many other times I'd seen it and it never occurred to me it was installed 180 degrees off (thick part of pad down not up).

I learned quite a few little things from other owners like the door lights are supposed to have two diodes to turn the warning light on with either door, but only the door's lights of the one actually open are supposed to illuminate. A car neighbor spotted my door lights later on as it got dark and the passenger was on when the driver was open.

Dave S. came over to look at my car on Thursday and I was thrilled to show him what his help got me to 7 years after buying it. He asks me if I have a 13 mm wrench and in about 2 minutes it was zip-zip and we had made an adjustment to the louvre position I didn't even know wasn't in the right spot.

I didn't enter the judging formally, but my intention all along was just to learn about what isn't quite right on my car and I got that anyway. Thanks Darren and others.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Just thought I would open this up and see who among us here in DMCTalk got awards. Here is mine.....
    Congrats on the award, I talked to you briefly while Christopher Lloyd was near your car.

My car took 1st place in the 30k-40k category. I know there were cleaner cars than mine, but they must have been in different categories. Great show overall.

My VIN:    10722

Hey Darrin, I was scratching my head when you didn't win 1st place in your division, but then all was right with the world when you won Best in Show. I've never been to a car show where the Best in Show wasn't a first place winner in their division, but whatever...

We won 3rd place in the modified division with our red Delorean. I guess the Stage I exhaust put us in that division, which was good since the competition was fierce in the painted D division... ;o)

Andy

My VIN:    16882.

Best of Show with your daily driver? That is absolutely incredible! Congrats. Darren!

My VIN:    16811

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Step one...send it to DPI. Step 2...don't let it get too dirty. I give it a mini detail monthly. This is 2 years and about 25,000 miles after the work was completed. Looks as good as when it was fresh. I did drive the car sparingly the week before DCS, and spent lots of time with a steam cleaner and q-tips, so all I had to do was get the grime from driving it up to Ohio off before the judging. No trailers for me!
    And just curious ball park, what does DPI charge for this?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Pics of these award winners please
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

I don't know what DPI charges for engine appearance packages. I had a ton of work completed in early 2012. I'm sure it is different depending upon engine condition of course.

I'll tell you this about DPI though. I arrived at the hotel parking lot Thursday afternoon and just happen to pull in a parking spot right where Josh was standing. I mention to him that my outer door seals had come loose. We talk about a few other things and he leaves. About 10-15 minutes later, he shows back up with sealant and fixes my door seal right then and there. That's the type of service DPI provides. In fact, there are a couple of pics of Josh in action on the Grenex Media FB page providing this service I mention. Check it out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast