FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What new vendor products were shown at DCS 2014?

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

DMCMW had a new steering wheel pad that is still in developement stages, will have raise DMC logo in silver and fit/finish like the originals. think dave said it would be available in the fall.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I too was very intrigued by Toby's new shock tower strut brace! I had to change my fuel pump out while on the way to the show and if I had had this brace installed, the process would have been quicker as I wouldn't have had to remove my current brace!

The only question I had was if there was a way that during installation, you can laterally preload the bar so that you know that it is always in tension. At first glance, I wasn't sure if it was possible. I discussed it briefly with Misty but I was having difficult explaining my question to her so she referred me to Toby on the technical. Unfortunately he was unavailable at the time. I'd loved to hear about it further. I have the original shock tower strut brace on my car currently and I like that once you bolt it in place, you can preload the bar laterally and then tighten the jam nuts on the swivel joints. This way, at any amount travel of the shock tower, you know the bar is always in tension and is distributing the load.

I really like how the new design is low profile, fits under the carpet, and works around the spare tire compartment, I just want to know more about it technically before considering purchasing it. Maybe Toby will pop his head into this thread to discuss it more!

My VIN:    6125

Anyone have photos of some of these new products? The strut bar and steering wheel pad sound particularly interesting. I'm also curious to know wha t the repro tail light boards look like.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm also curious to know wha t the repro tail light boards look like.
    Sorry, no pictures (I'm sure they are out there but I didn't think to take one) but you'll like the price. With conventional bulbs the price is $85/pair with bulbs. LEDs were quite a bit more but this is much lower than they used to be.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403089273.670035.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403089287.568312.jpg
    Here are the center wheel pad prototype and the LCAs. As Dave said, they will come with the ball joints installed. These were the display pieces.

-D Knight-

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Personally, I wished they wouldn't put DMC on *everything*, how many logo's do you really need in your car? I *know* it is a DeLorean.

My VIN:    16893

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    Personally, I wished they wouldn't put DMC on *everything*, how many logo's do you really need in your car? I *know* it is a DeLorean.
    Rob, you should know by now us Yanks aren't as subtle as our Dutch friends across the ocean

My VIN:    16893

Quote Originally Posted by D Knight View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403089273.670035.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403089287.568312.jpg
    Here are the center wheel pad prototype and the LCAs. As Dave said, they will come with the ball joints installed. These were the display pieces.

-D Knight-
    Is that one of the MOMO DMC wheels in the background of that picture? I thought those were out of stock everywhere?

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by RammJaeger View Post
    Rob, you should know by now us Yanks aren't as subtle as our Dutch friends across the ocean
    lol!
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by RammJaeger View Post
    Is that one of the MOMO DMC wheels in the background of that picture? I thought those were out of stock everywhere?
    Not the real Momo, it's the knockoff. But we have a few of them available. And plenty of the adapters.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast