FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Will not start unless fuel plate is pressed

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Club(s):   (DCF)

Will not start unless fuel plate is pressed

I had to complete a full rebuild to the fuel system including a new air flow meter and fuel distributor. PO lost those parts. I ordered a dwell meter to get the system dialed in properly. The issue is that it will only start hot or cold when cranking the engine and pressing the fuel plate in the air housing down. And even then it has a very hard time running/idling then usually dies quick. The timing is set just does not want to run. I pulled the injectors which are all spraying equally. Fuel plate is holding good pressure. Any thoughts. Bad fuel distributor? CPR? CSV?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean937 View Post
    I had to complete a full rebuild to the fuel system including a new air flow meter and fuel distributor. PO lost those parts. I ordered a dwell meter to get the system dialed in properly. The issue is that it will only start hot or cold when cranking the engine and pressing the fuel plate in the air housing down. And even then it has a very hard time running/idling then usually dies quick. The timing is set just does not want to run. I pulled the injectors which are all spraying equally. Fuel plate is holding good pressure. Any thoughts. Bad fuel distributor? CPR? CSV?
    You need to get the mixture screw adjusted richer. Any new F/D comes unadjusted and you need to get it closer before trying to dial it in with a dwell meter. By depressing the air sensor you are adding more fuel (making it richer).
    David Teitelbaum