FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: DCS 2016 - why not closer to the West Coast this time?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Does that mean you're not taking me to Fiji anymore?
    I thought you said I was your special delusion?! Lies!!!!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I thought you said I was your special delusion?! Lies!!!!
    Ignore all that - thirdman means nothing to me. I was only using him for Fiji. You're the only one for me, really....

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Enjoy being single.
    That response is supposed to mean that if you are married, you have no freedom or choice?

Wrong, it means you married the wrong person and/or you're too much of a wimp to affirm yourself.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That response is supposed to mean that if you are married, you have no freedom or choice?

Wrong, it means you married the wrong person and/or you're too much of a wimp to affirm yourself.
    Wow, I didn't think it was possible to misread a simple statement like "Enjoy being single," but the Internet makes it possible!

What do you say to someone when they are about to take a trip? "Enjoy your trip."

"Enjoy your trip" does not mean "If you are not taking a trip, you have made the wrong choice in staying home."

"Enjoy your trip" means "I hope you enjoy your trip."

"Enjoy being single" means "I hope you enjoy being single."

Perhaps it was lost in translation from English to English.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    4675, 4190, 3114 and others

Club(s):   (DMA) (DMWC) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Exclamation West Coast Delorean Weekend Las Vegas Oct. 2 - 6

vps3922

There is going to be a West Coast DeLorean event Oct 2 - 6 in Las Vegas. Even though this event is some 3 months away, we already have 30 people signed up for it.

You can read more about this DeLorean event at

www.deloreanweekend.com

or on Facebook at

Delorean weekend Las Vegas

or

DeLorean International Las Vegas

Bob

My VIN:    10442

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Indy 500

A little Off-Topic, but have any of you car fans online here ever attended the Indianapolis 500, in person?
    It's a 'bucket-list' item of mine: was thinking of attending the big race this Memorial Day weekend with my brother-in-law, and perhaps another friend.

Having never been there, I had no idea where the best seats were, where to stay at, etc.
    Anyway, thought it be a nice preview opportunity to check-out the city a year in advance of the next DeLorean Car Show...

Thanks, guys!
    Scott H

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I find all the complaints about distance in relation to event locations to be interesting, as being a car person, I actually enjoy driving my car - in fact, as the old adage goes, getting there and back is practically half the fun.

And, as I mentioned during the awards presentations on Saturday night at DCS, despite having the original belts, original coolant hoses, original NCTs, original plastic header bottle, original relays, original plastic tanked radiator, original Ducey alternator, etc. on my car, I'd have no reservations about driving it cross country and back tomorrow, or its ability to do so without incident.

So what's the deal here guys? Why is it that so many DeLorean owners (most with significantly upgraded cars compared to mine) are so reluctant to actually drive their cars to events???

Personally, I don't get it....
    I can tell you that I will drive the piss out of mine if at all possible and will spend money to keep it running. A car is meant to be driven IMHO. (no offense to others) but sitting a car just invites bad seals. I used to be in the Military (Army/Navy) 20 years and when single I'd leave my car sitting for 6 months in storage while deployed and had nothing but trouble with seals going bad I want the attention of a D. It is a nice car and reminds me of my childhood.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Enjoy being single.
    I AM and its WONDERFUL!! (Divorced since 2010 and never looking back)

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I can tell you that I will drive the piss out of mine if at all possible and will spend money to keep it running. A car is meant to be driven IMHO. (no offense to others) but sitting a car just invites bad seals. I used to be in the Military (Army/Navy) 20 years and when single I'd leave my car sitting for 6 months in storage while deployed and had nothing but trouble with seals going bad I want the attention of a D. It is a nice car and reminds me of my childhood.
    I agree with you 100% on actually DRIVING our cars, Atomfilms! If you're close to completing your "mission" of getting your own, please do consider buying mine. It's a great car, a DMC Florida refurb with a complete frame off restoration in it's history, and I put about 6,000 miles a year on it, enough to keep everything nicely worked out, but not enough get it stressed out, LOL. More info in the Cars For Sale section here if you'd like to check me out, or drop me a PM for my cell phone number to chat.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8