FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 - August 15-16, 2014

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Sure no ones cares, but I'll make my rant as im still pissed off. Had the intentions of bringing one of both cars next year, but I assure that won't happen.
    Took the Shelby this year with my dad, After a good/hot few hours getting frustrated trying to get up to Bloomfield from 9 to have a look at some d's and chat for a few moments, I'm sent away due to not having a pass. Now I understand the passes etc, but at about 10 to 5 in the afternoon when it's half packed up ,all of 8-9 delorean's left parked, and a half empty lot, I think an owner should be allowed to park for 10mins to take a walk around (hell I know I did last year sorta 7pm) All that aside the guy at the gate dosent have to be a complete ass hole about it.

Maybe it's the heat and I'm already frustrated, but really pissed me off. End rant

My VIN:    3937

Anyone happen to catch Verlander touring around? I didn't know he was big into cars. His paycheck tends to allow him some interests most of us won't be getting though.

http://wapc.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/08/...pose-literally

http://wapc.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/02/...car-collection

The Tigers are home to the Mariners this weekend and it sounds like he was out touring around in his... yeah, Lambo

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gfrank View Post
    Sure no ones cares, but I'll make my rant as im still pissed off. Had the intentions of bringing one of both cars next year, but I assure that won't happen.
    Took the Shelby this year with my dad, After a good/hot few hours getting frustrated trying to get up to Bloomfield from 9 to have a look at some d's and chat for a few moments, I'm sent away due to not having a pass. Now I understand the passes etc, but at about 10 to 5 in the afternoon when it's half packed up ,all of 8-9 delorean's left parked, and a half empty lot, I think an owner should be allowed to park for 10mins to take a walk around (hell I know I did last year sorta 7pm) All that aside the guy at the gate dosent have to be a complete ass hole about it.

Maybe it's the heat and I'm already frustrated, but really pissed me off. End rant
    In general, we had some early morning hassles as well with the parking volunteers, which I could certainly rant about too, but I will save that for another time.

Timing is everything and most volunteers are worth what they get paid, which is nothing. The official event parking time is 9am to 5pm and you happened to arrive
    when some of the volunteers were already asking those of us who were parked there all day (and standing by our cars) to make sure we leave the lot by 5pm.

I saw the light rain on the radar (on my iPhone), so I started packing up the D Rex right after I was reminded about the 5pm "End of Day" time limit in the lot.
    Others were not near their cars between 4:30pm and 5pm, and thus not reminded, and most of them ended up staying much later, with no reported hassles.

So, the moral of the story is to RSVP to our group, so we can either reserve a space or hold a space placard for you, and all you need to do is to drive by the display
    and pick up the placard (so you have it in hand, before you reach the entrance with the volunteers). Placard on mirror or in hand, no problem. (we had extras)

It's also best not to try to drive in the lot at "closing time", since they may have still sent you away at 4:50pm with a 5pm closing time.
    An email or phone RSVP would have confirmed the "official lot times", so some of the hassles could have been avoided. (some, not all)

Back to posting event photos.
    Last edited by Rich W; 08-19-2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: type-o fixes

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Back to posting event photos.
    Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 - Event Photos (in front of the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz dealership)

CAB_wdc_0061.jpg

CAB_wdc_0058.jpg

CAB_wdc_0072.jpg

CAB_wdc_0076.jpg

CAB_wdc_0078.jpg

CAB_wdc_0079.jpg

CAB_wdc_0080.jpg

Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 - Event Photos with JLP Movies filming our caravans from a white Ford F350 (thanks Mike) and a dark gray Highlander SUV (thanks Cindy).

A big thanks to the Film Crew (Jordan Livingston and Mary Ann Bennett) and our Film Vehicle drivers Mike, John and Cindy. Weather was near perfect for the cruise too.

CAB_wdc_0083_film_crew.jpg

CAB_wdc_0084_film_crew.jpg

CAB_wdc_0085_film_crew.jpg

CAB_wdc_0090_film_crew.jpg

CAB_wdc_0093_film_crew.jpg

CAB_wdc_0096_film_crew.jpg

CAB_wdc_0097_film_crew.jpg

Tri-Level Departure photo from the hotel parking lot, after the Woodward Dream Cruise 2014.

The opportunity presented itself and I got a picture in my head...a picture of this...

Tri-Level-Departure.jpg

The D Rex (trailered), Bill Schafer's car (trailered) and Tony Swann's Stage II car (driven).

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks for sharing your pictures

Looking for more Woodward photos? ... See the link below.

Check out the "Living the Dream" FB page, with some great POV photos of Jordan and crew filming our DeLorean caravans on Woodward Ave.

https://www.facebook.com/DeLoreanMovie

Thanks again to Jordan Livingston and JLP Movies (and crew) for filming our DeLoreans at the 20th Anniversary Wooward Dream Cruise this year.

Thanks again to the crew: Mary Ann Bennett, assisting Jordan all weekend, and the Camera Truck and Camera SUV drivers; Mike, John and Cindy.

From the Detroit News photo archive ...

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/multime...earch=Delorean

Photos of DeLoreans on Woodward Ave and other DeLorean related topics.

Other DeLorean related Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 links below:

http://www.revvolution.com/blog/2014...d-dream-cruise

http://thecarchat.net/2014/08/

http://ronlundmark.wordpress.com/ (Woodward Blog that mentions 10 DeLoreans)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast