FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Who bought Walter Coe's cars?

My VIN:    5096

Who bought Walter Coe's cars?

I'm trying to find out who bought Walter Coe's cars to gey a message to thwm or the current owners. Years ago my fuel lines were replaces with orange fuel lines that were suppose to be better than the original lines. I'm quite sure we also did his fuel lines in his main delorean too.

I bring this up as the lines need to be removed and replaced. While Eddie was working on my car, one of the lines blew off and was severely eaten and crumbling on the inside. I'm glad it didn't blow during a drive.

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Anyone who has those orange fuel, please replace them right away.
    They appear to have been put in from early to mid 2000's, and as other owners with these lines have found, they are now past their useful life.

I replaced mine in 2013, and when pulled out, they were crumbing internally and by no small coincidence a faint gasoline smell in the garage went away when they were replaced. They were replaced with pretty commonly available high pressure fuel hoses.

I put some related pics here for reference.

This is a must do, inexpensive, relatively easy replacement, that has safety benefits.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

Banned

My VIN:    1798

They're currently looking for Walter Coe over on Today - if anyone can help, it would be appreciated

http://www.dmctoday.com/showthread.p...delorean-world

I believe Rob Grady sold bright orange hose back in the early noughties. Not suggesting these were his bit I know a friend who has his. I'll check.

You need to be careful using regular rubber fuel hose on the injectors because it can cause pulsing and poor running at idle and hiccuping at light throttle. Other kjet cars used steel lines to fix this problem.

Walt had mental health issues and the last we heard was on the old dmcforum mailing list. I hope he's okay. Spent some time with him in Memphis, and we crossed paths with a couple of projects like tabs and stainless braided hoses back when they were really expensive.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    5096

NightFlyer, thanks for the link, I posted there.

Martin, my car has the "Walt Tabs" when the other tabs were around and hard to get ahold of. No idea what became of his box of tabs that were made, along with all of his other parts. Somewhere out there is a red delorean with a stainless hood and grey fascias as I panel swapped, including the doors, as Walter wanted to do a painted car but the spare car he had didn't have the grooved hood that I like so I stripped mine.

Good to know there's at least one set out there

A friend of mine had quite a nasty crash in his car and a bent walt tab went on to survive for a further 6 months of driving before finally coming out (don't ask - the car was fully repaired in the end!)

For anyone who's curious, these were blackened but with silver threads. Otherwise they were designed to be stock-looking. These are Inconel 718 just like the Toby TABs and were made in the UK with my contacts and Walt's money.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...