FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: where is the inertia switch supposed to be

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Old thread I know but while searching for inertia switch info I found this thread. My Nov. 81 car has an original switch that has not failed. I just acquired a white paint unit I will be installing. Thinking about what Dave McKeen said, has anyone NOT relocated their inertia switch when replacing it? Jumped plug and not use a switch?
    Here's my opinion on fully performing a recall: DO IT! Relocate the switch! If the problem was severe enough that a struggling start-up car company both noticed the issue early on and spent the money to perform a full recall on it, it's probably a big enough problem to take seriously. About 17 years ago I got into my car and it wouldn't start. Turned out the inertia switch was the pre-recalled version and had failed. I've since replaced and relocated it. I then went on and did all the other recalls that were never done. Front end sway bar brackets, ball joint castle nuts, and double nuts on the sway bar ends.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

It's done.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8