FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    HA! Another great rebuttal to a question you cant answer!
    I was not present at any meetings where manufacturers discussed fuel delivery decisions, so anything I could say would be conjecture at best.

    The historical record shows that both carburetion and Bosch mechanical fuel injection were eventually phased out, and neither is used in new consumer car production now (NASCAR still uses carburetors in its off road applications), so whatever manufacturers' reasoning was likely was similar in both instances.

    The historical record does show that carburetion continued to be used in new consumer car production for many years after Bosch mechanical fuel injection was discontinued, whatever conclusion can be drawn from that.

    The historical record also shows that Bosch mechanical fuel injection was never used as widely as carburetion (not a single American or Japanese manufacturer ever used it), whatever conclusion can be drawn from that.

    Regarding the Motorcraft 2100 series in particular: last model year for its use was 1991 (V8 Jeeps). That carburetor had a 35 year production run, from its 1957 introduction as the Autolite 2100 (the company was not owned by Ford at that time -- Ford did not buy Autolite until 1961), through the moderate 1972 Motorcraft redesign/rebadging, to the late 1980's addition of electronic throttle feedback and active idle control. It was an extremely widely used carburetor (Ford used it worldwide; AMC, Chrysler, Packard, and Studebaker used it stateside). Millions of original castings are still in existence. New parts for repair or rebuild are inexpensive and readily obtainable. Any owner considering a Motorcraft 2100/2150 for his or her DeLorean certainly need not fear owning a rare or unusual carburetor.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

    Byrne Heninger also uses Motorcraft 2100's for his carb conversions.

    One might think that Sean's antipathy towards carburetion would have subsided somewhat after Byrne started doing conversions, especially given all Byrne has done for Sean over the years. That Sean is even more aggressively antagonistic now is mystifying to me at least.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  2. #332
    User title. Soundkillr's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    1,027

    My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Byrne Heninger also uses Motorcraft 2100's for his carb conversions.

    One might think that Sean's antipathy towards carburetion would have subsided somewhat after Byrne started doing conversions, especially given all Byrne has done for Sean over the years. That Sean is even more aggressively antagonistic now is mystifying to me at least.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Yea, and pilot singled out jesus. johnsons had kennedy killed, and so on....
    Just because he ran with him doesnt mean he agrees with his business practice. One could even conclude sean is on his own now for a reason...
    Soundkillr was here.

  3. #333
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    One might think that Sean's antipathy towards carburetion ...
    One might think that my repeated statements that I think carbing is fine for folks who want it would be enough for you to get it through that thick martyr head of yours but it seems you ain't happy unless you're feeling Admin abused . You sure do think a lot of yourself if you think I really give a shit who's car you convert. I've said it before(multiple times) and I'll say it again even though it's like talking to a wall with you:

    I like Bill the person
    I think DeLoreans that are carbed are fine with me
    Internet Bill can be a real pain in the ass for some reason and not as fun to be around as Bill in person.
    I don't think folks with a minor fuel problem should be told they need a carb kit to make all their fuel problems go away.

    My view has NEVER changed but your bipolar internet persona has interpreted my view as something different from day to day.

    I'm curious now how you're gonna twist this, probably just ignore it and talk about how you've been threatened to be exiled and burned for your carb believes or something like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    , especially given all Byrne has done for Sean over the years.
    Since you know even less about this than you think, future posts by you on the topic will be removed. Repeat offend and moderation will be in order.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    My user ID only gets revoked when I PM you to fuck yourself (last time at least).

    I have been *TEMPORARILY* banned three times over the years -- does any other user share that distinction?

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Where did my temporarily suspended 3 times post go? It *IS* a historical fact (on the old site Sean publicly stated that he could count on one hand the number of users he has suspended more than once -- it was in the old carburetion thread, right about the time Steve Rice was either threatened to be suspended or actually suspended, can't remember which).

    For the record, I have only been banned for talking back to the moderator, not for anything mentioned above.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  6. #336
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Where did my temporarily suspended 3 times post go? It *IS* a historical fact (on the old site Sean publicly stated that he could count on one hand the number of users he has suspended more than once -- it was in the old carburetion thread, right about the time Steve Rice was either threatened to be suspended or actually suspended, can't remember which).

    For the record, I have only been banned for talking back to the moderator, not for anything mentioned above.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    This correct to my memory.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    I just PM'd my eMail address to the owners I am working with (can you really read those BTW?), so if you want to suspend me for a fourth time, go ahead....

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  8. #338
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I'm curious now how you're gonna twist this, probably just ignore it and talk about how you've been threatened to be exiled and burned for your carb believes or something like that.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I just PM'd my eMail address to the owners I am working with (can you really read those BTW?), so if you want to suspend me for a fourth time, go ahead....

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Dang man, right on queue. This is why I wanted to call you or you call me, something is worse in your eyes than it is mine. Anyway, call if you like I ain't mad except for that thing you pmd me about but otherwise in my eyes you and I are cool.

    Also, Mike and I have NO access to PMs other than our own.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    I'll be damned -- my password still works. This must be the new & improved kinder and gentler Sean in action.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Just so I understand, its ok for you to go into other threads and start jabbing about better fuel options or ignition options or jabs about how quickly you can access a slave cylinder, or how you can easily read casting numbers because you have simpler exhaust or how ford engineering trumps anything and everything, even when the original topic had nothing to do with any of those things, yet when sean makes a jab its suddenly unacceptable?
    You ignorant fool. If you had been paying even a modicum of attention you would know that Dan is going to convert to carburetion. Those of us with carburetors do like to banter among ourselves about how much easier our engine access is than K-Jetters. If you don't like it, stop eavesdropping on our conversations.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  10. #340
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    You ignorant fool. If you had been paying even a modicum of attention you would know that Dan is going to convert to carburetion.
    I have one of those serious questions you were talking about. I think it's serious when you call someone an ignorant fool-
    Where in Soundkillr's post or in your (full) post that he quoted from is Dan mentioned?

    Anybody?

Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •