FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: HVAC panel-Ouline vs. Solid Lettering -VIN cut-offs?

  1. #21
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    Is your defrost on in that pic, lighting up the indicator?

    This is very interesting...
    No, I think that's the "daylight" writing that was referred to - the text is printed as well as backlit. I think that's kind of crappy design as it really takes away from the 'eye catching' factor of having a previously unoccupied area suddenly light up on the center console.

  2. #22
    DeLorean Owner Since 2006
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Waukesha, WI

    Posts:    1,181

    My VIN:    3676

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Here is the non-outline version with HEAT and COOL labeling...



    I've made it no secret I prefer the non-outline version the best of all of them. Too bad its not available new. Mine has a few scuffs on it. Perhaps I'll have some re-made when I get the instrument cluster decals made for my electronic/backlighting project.

    When counting total styles of decals, lets not forget about the black-out ones on some protos and VIN 500.
    This is what I have in 1601, too, and its my favorite of them as well. I was going to replace it; even bought the new decal, but I don't like the way the other looks, so its going to stay as-is.

  3. #23
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    This is what I have in 1601, too, and its my favorite of them as well. I was going to replace it; even bought the new decal, but I don't like the way the other looks, so its going to stay as-is.
    Send it back to Houston! We should send the message that we don't like the new decal and they should re-pop it in the no-outline style. Or at least make different versions

  4. #24
    Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Orlando, FL

    Posts:    438

    My VIN:    2109

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    LMAO!...that is an old pic from before I put an auto-off one in.
    (I've been looking for a turquoise lens to make it match better.)

    Not much better....good cam had bad batteries.
    If someone doesn't post a better one, I will:

    Attachment 5140
    Same type on 2109. Here's another shot of that plate type:
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

  5. #25
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Same type on 2109. Here's another shot of that plate type:
    What luck, I was only 9 VINs (or less!) away from the outline type panel whew!!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    1,314

    My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Same type on 2109. Here's another shot of that plate type:

    I'm sure that some might actually prefer that, and no offense is meant, but I really don't like it at all. I can't believe that was approved for production.

    Is that what Houston is selling these days? I got a replacement from them 5 years ago that is the all blackout version.

  7. #27
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    It would be really interesting to get Nick in on this thread and see if he knows what order they came in. Maybe the outline plates were the early ones and were superseded by the ones we all seem to like better?

  8. #28
    Senior Member r00b's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  usa

    Posts:    387

    My VIN:    2245

    Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post

    This is how it is in 2245, In my opinion it's the best design of the lot. Funny how people have different preferences on the AC decal.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Memphis, TN

    Posts:    63

    My VIN:    1905

    Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    This is how it is in 2245, In my opinion it's the best design of the lot. Funny how people have different preferences on the AC decal.
    This is also what's in 1905, and I would be VERY surprised if it wasn't original to the car. I, too, think this is the best design, I prefer no lettering/icons visible at the bottom.

    VIN 1905...Black interior, 5spd, Gas Flap, Machined Rims, antenna windshield, as clean underneath as on top

  10. #30
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    I got confused, so I have sorted them into what I see as 6 different types, in what I assume is the chronological order, but am probably way off

    Type 1: Original blacked out type



    Type 2: Solid Font without “heat” & “Cool” text, non-outlined heater colors, semi-blacked out warning lights



    Type 3: Solid Font with “heat” & “Cool” text, non-outlined heater colors, semi-blacked out warning lights



    Type 4: Solid Font with “Heat” & “Cool” text, outlined heater colors, blacked out warning lights (current DMC offering)



    Type 5: Outline Font with “Heat” & “Cool” text, outlined heater colors, blacked out warning lights



    Type 6: Outline Font with “Heat” & “Cool” text, outlined heater colors, highlighted warning lights

    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •