FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 706 of 920 FirstFirst ... 206 606 656 696 704 705 706 707 708 716 756 806 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Bill6298 View Post
    I've got a black relay in my blue fan fail module socket. Is that just as good as a jumper to replace the fan fail module?

Says Mixo Relais 8. Made in France.

Attachment 54739
    No a standard relay will not work. The wiring is different in the fan fail socket. What I think the relay would do is just turn the fan fail light on when the fan relay turns on (no fans will run).

Now some owners have rewired the fan fail socket so the fans use two relays. That may be what your car has.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    No a standard relay will not work. The wiring is different in the fan fail socket. What I think the relay would do is just turn the fan fail light on when the fan relay turns on (no fans will run).

Now some owners have rewired the fan fail socket so the fans use two relays. That may be what your car has.
    Thanks. That sounds familiar now. You saved me from adding the jumper and replacing old relays without checking for what was rewired.
    Bill

VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

My VIN:    10201

Had it towed home because I found coolant dripping. Coolant level seemed fine, but I didn't want to chance anything. Im pretty certain its the RH hose on the pump.

https://imgur.com/a/sV5uz

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Had it towed home because I found coolant dripping. Coolant level seemed fine, but I didn't want to chance anything. Im pretty certain its the RH hose on the pump.

https://imgur.com/a/sV5uz
    I'm a big "safer than sorry" guy but I think even I would have risked driving that home.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm a big "safer than sorry" guy but I think even I would have risked driving that home.
    This year has not been a fortunate one and with roadside assistance covering the tow, there wasn't much to lose. Having my fuel pump die in the middle of a busy interstate really changed my perspective lol

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

propped it up and stands and took the wheels to my local mechanic to get new tires installed. old rubber was 10 years old and ready for retirement.

and hopefully discovered the root cause of why i was getting a shimmy in the steering wheel. right front tire had no wheel weights on it, but had glue residue from where one should have been....

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

You could resolve that shimmy with a garbage plate.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    propped it up and stands and took the wheels to my local mechanic to get new tires installed. old rubber was 10 years old and ready for retirement.

and hopefully discovered the root cause of why i was getting a shimmy in the steering wheel. right front tire had no wheel weights on it, but had glue residue from where one should have been....

Also check your inner/outer tie rods while your in there.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Also check your inner/outer tie rods while your in there.

yep. they're all in good shape. car's back on the ground now. i hopefully will take it to cars and coffee this weekend since its supposed to be a little warmer than this week.

and in all honesty, i visually cant tell a difference between these 225s in the rear vs the old 235s. The old 235s were starting to flat-spot anyways and always looked like they were going flat even when not. so improved look IMO!

now to just wait on the rest of my parts from Josh so i can take the wheels off again and start redoing the suspension!
    Last edited by novadmc; 12-14-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    yep. they're all in good shape. car's back on the ground now. i hopefully will take it to cars and coffee this weekend since its supposed to be a little warmer than this week.

now to just wait on the rest of my parts from Josh so i can take the wheels off again and start redoing the suspension!
    I heard up my way that its supposed to rain sunday. Haven't been to that Cars and Coffee in a while, since before i rebuilt the brakes and suspension. Its coming off the road again soon enough again for fascia painting, driving lights and a few other mods and hopefully i should have all this done by March and today that promotional manager should be calling me on my way home from work to talk about the movie event set up..

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Page 706 of 920 FirstFirst ... 206 606 656 696 704 705 706 707 708 716 756 806 ... LastLast