FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How to get your stainless to shine

My VIN:    4328

Isn't that just going to blind other drivers on the road when the sun reflects off the panels in the sun? I would think that could get quite dangerous. Didn't beiber have a chrome shiny car like that and got in trouble cause it blinded people on the highway?

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    Isn't that just going to blind other drivers on the road when the sun reflects off the panels in the sun? I would think that could get quite dangerous. Didn't beiber have a chrome shiny car like that and got in trouble cause it blinded people on the highway?
    I reckon most panels are angled so much it would reflect up into the sky...... not like a reflection off something like a LR Defender windscreen which smacks you right in the eyeline as its virtually vertical.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by er1c View Post
    I reckon most panels are angled so much it would reflect up into the sky...... not like a reflection off something like a LR Defender windscreen which smacks you right in the eyeline as its virtually vertical.
    Not quite; recall your high school optics. All it takes is the sun in the right place. Downtown Sacramento there's a skyscraper with a huge shiny, 45 degree roof. At certain
    times of the year, it sends blinding light down highway 80.

My VIN:    Latest VIN 83

Club(s):   (DCF) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If you want your car to be it's best and brightest, BKP is hard to beat. It removes all the steel and dirt left in the grain from blending and really brings it to it's best...but it won't stay that way for long.

In a few days after cleaning, the oxide layer will form on the surface which will dull the stainless slightly. The only way to make your car shine better is to improve the factory grain, which can only be done with abrasives and a lot of elbow grease. A few people have done this to their cars and it looks pretty good, the mirror polished cars are definately a show stopper, but over the top for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Anyone try the BKF spray cleaner/polish?

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/pro...leaner-polish/
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Anyone try the BKF spray cleaner/polish?

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/pro...leaner-polish/
    A lot of people use it including myself. It can leave a residue so you have to rinse well.
    Shannon

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    A lot of people use it including myself. It can leave a residue so you have to rinse well.
    Thanks for the info.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Matt

I have to be honest I tend to prefer the grained matt looking DeLorean's rather than the high shine ones..

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Keep it Original

Quote Originally Posted by er1c View Post
    I have to be honest I tend to prefer the grained matt looking DeLorean's rather than the high shine ones..
    Completely agree. I think a lot of people forget, this is how the grain on a Delorean is supposed to look. I prefer to keep it original.
    Attached Images
    Kirk

I wonder if anyone has tried using Sheila Shine on their car. I use it all the time on our stainless kitchen appliances. I used this stuff in high school when I worked at a bagel shop. It kept our kitchen looking very nice, clean, and smells nice too. Just curious as I'm hoping to get my first car sometime this year. learning from all of you and appreciate any insight here.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast