FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 882 of 920 FirstFirst ... 382 782 832 872 880 881 882 883 884 892 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03500

I'm in the middle of replacing a steering column bushing.
    Everyone seems to have there idea of how to drive that sucker home. So here is mine! With the help of hammer it went in easy. The bushing I used was from NW. I did use some RTV just because.

Dave B.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Had it towed. Again.

- Chris

what

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ccurzio View Post
    Had it towed. Again.
    Interesting photo there.

Please tell us you did not have it towed backward on that flatbed or that you first strapped the sunshade down if you did. Or that it was a local (low speed) tow.

Extra credit if you tell us why it needed a tow?
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Interesting photo there.

Please tell us you did not have it towed backward on that flatbed or that you first strapped the sunshade down if you did. Or that it was a local (low speed) tow.

Extra credit if you tell us why it needed a tow?
    I'd have been worried otherwise, but it was a local tow. All the interstate driving was brief and in heavy traffic, then all side roads from there. ~15 miles total. Didn't want to keep driving at high (and eventually pegged) temps.

Car is overheating and pouring smoke out of the back. The coolant is boiling out of the overflow tank. The fans aren't kicking on, so it's either the fans themselves or their connection that failed, or the relay/fuse.
    - Chris

what

I'd have been worried otherwise, but it was a local tow. All the interstate driving was brief and in heavy traffic, then all side roads from there. ~15 miles total. Didn't want to keep driving at high (and eventually pegged) temps.

Car is overheating and pouring smoke out of the back. The coolant is boiling out of the overflow tank. The fans aren't kicking on, so it's either the fans themselves or their connection that failed, or the relay/fuse.
    You know you can put a little jumper wire at the otterstat to make the fans come on? Is the radiator hot? If it is not, you're water pump or thermostat might be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    You know you can put a little jumper wire at the otterstat to make the fans come on? Is the radiator hot? If it is not, you're water pump or thermostat might be bad.
    I didn't know about the wiring trick. Thanks for the heads-up.

I hadn't done any deep investigations into the radiator and such yet. Didn't even think about the water pump. That might make sense.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    3937

I hadn't done any deep investigations into the radiator and such yet. Didn't even think about the water pump. That might make sense.
    Chris,

A little too late for your recent overheat issue with the fans not coming on, but if you find yourself in similar circumstances, that wiring jumper is explained in the Rob Grady roadside troubleshooting guide. PDF file in linked thread you can use to keep it handy. An electronic copy or a printed one.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?99...l=1#post188017

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4665

Replaced sticky ISM with a new one and replaced 2 little tiny hoses coming from it. Didn't want to waste time on reinstalling original ISM after attempting a cleaning.
    Replaced original ISM mount with SS version from DPI. Looks so much cleaner now. Arrived before my replacement ISM did...great shipping department at DPI.
    Finally adjusted the curb idle screw after install of the Dave McKeen Microprocessor Idle ECU. Very responsive now...I think I'll keep this new ECU in place.
    Learned to follow instructions...it is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Chris,

A little too late for your recent overheat issue with the fans not coming on, but if you find yourself in similar circumstances, that wiring jumper is explained in the Rob Grady roadside troubleshooting guide. PDF file in linked thread you can use to keep it handy. An electronic copy or a printed one.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?99...l=1#post188017
    Thank you for this!

A little more investigating has shown that the water pump belt is just gone. Which also explains why I was suddenly getting the battery light on the dash, which I thought was a new unrelated problem possibly with the alternator.
    - Chris

what

Another option is just turn the AC on. It bypasses the otterstat and powers up the fans.

Always carry extra belts.

Page 882 of 920 FirstFirst ... 382 782 832 872 880 881 882 883 884 892 ... LastLast