FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    guru'd!
    LOL. I especially love the condescending tone he wrote all that with. Dude has taken great care to do the job right and spared no expense to do it. Perhaps if he moved the project Dunmurry and had a bunch of unskilled guys who used hand tools to assemble a production car, then maybe the guru would be satisfied with the level of safety and reliability achieved. With the level of care and amount of thought and planning this guy has put into it, I would trust this guys car at 140mph before I would ANY stock DeLorean at any speed approaching that.

Quote Originally Posted by David the all knowing guru
    ... and I reserve judgement until you put some miles on it. Not only must you be able to fabricate or obtain all of this, you need to make it reliable and safe.
    I guess you will just have to go on without the guru's blessing or judgement on your awesome progress.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

I guess you will just have to go on without the guru's blessing or judgement on your awesome progress.
    V8 D for sale. But who knows what sins are in the engine bay and under the paint.

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto...072540300.html

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    All of this modification looks very interesting (read expensive) and I reserve judgement until you put some miles on it. Not only must you be able to fabricate or obtain all of this, you need to make it reliable and safe. For example you may need a proportioning valve to balance the brakes. Play with the air pressures, shock adjustments and height adjustments till you get the suspension tuned in. It is not just making things fit, you must make everything work correctly together. So far the work looks very professional. If and when you do the engine swap you will have to redo all of your suspension adjustments to compensate for the difference in weight and power. As for the TAB's, with the increased braking power and the larger tires you are just putting that much more stress on those TAB's. They should at least be inspected to see if they are loose or bent. To adjust the rear toe you must loosen them and remove or insert shims anyway. Because you lowered the car you need to check the camber in the rear too. Most owners who have lowered their car wound up making or buying adjustable lower links. All of these mods affect handling. If you drive the car slowly and carefully you won't get near the limits of handling BUT, if you start driving it hard you may notice you have induced some very bad characteristics. Because the Delorean has a very high polar moment of inertia due to it's rear engine design, if the suspension and brakes are not set up properly you can quickly lose control. I am not saying you should not try to improve the car, I am just pointing out that any mods should be done safely. You should also document all of the parts and changes so in the future, if you need anything, you know what you did and where you got it.
    If you’ve made it this far through the build and are “reserving judgment” then just stop now. You clearly cannot appreciate ingenuity, quality parts (purchased and built) or the fact that I already posted that the suspension was built by a suspension engineer. But thanks for spewing your generalized knowledge about suspensions and brakes without actually having an iota of technical reference.

You actually used the phrase “polar moment of inertia” (wow. just wow.), how many DMC’s and 911’s have you stuffed into ditches?

As for documenting the parts, that’s what’s going on here…

Just for reference, the DMC should be slightly easier to drive than the widowmaker I use as my daily driver ... Which we intentionally initiate rotation with a hydraulic hand brake and upon "transition" counter the spin with steering and throttle input. This too has a rearward weight bias.

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Just for reference, the DMC should be slightly easier to drive than the widowmaker I use as my daily driver ... Which we intentionally initiate rotation with a hydraulic hand brake and upon "transition" counter the spin with steering and throttle input. This too has a rearward weight bias.

I hope to see pics of your DeLorean power drifting before I die.

My VIN:    2706

If you’ve made it this far through the build and are “reserving judgment” then just stop now. You clearly cannot appreciate ingenuity, quality parts (purchased and built) or the fact that I already posted that the suspension was built by a suspension engineer. But thanks for spewing your generalized knowledge about suspensions and brakes without actually having an iota of technical reference.

You actually used the phrase “polar moment of inertia” (wow. just wow.), how many DMC’s and 911’s have you stuffed into ditches?

As for documenting the parts, that’s what’s going on here…
    Hahaha you have been guru'd . ...don't worry it's happened to all of us. Don't know if you realize this but since your car isn't stock it's just completely useless . Mine as well burn it. ..

Bad ass stuff you have done with this car man. !

My VIN:    5312

This car will amazing.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Original radio is dead . . . wanted to keep it OEM. However, I have always loved the Alpine units of this era so it's getting a bit of an upgrade with the best of 30 year old technology.

compared to stock:

In other news, I was able to get all the interior dash lights working, the Lucas rheostat was bad (no *****? ).

Original radio is dead . . . wanted to keep it OEM. However, I have always loved the Alpine units of this era so it's getting a bit of an upgrade with the best of 30 year old technology.

compared to stock:

In other news, I was able to get all the interior dash lights working, the Lucas rheostat was bad (no *****? ).
    A member here rebuilds OE stereos and can add a bluetooth setup if you desire. That said a classic grewn 6 button Alpine just screams 80's.

My VIN:    5312

I have a good conditon, with working screen craig radio that was in my car. I will probably be upgrading mine again to a McIntosh here soon. Stuck playing keeping up with the jones's with my other 2 local owners lol
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast