FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New pics of VIN 20105, the 24k gold Delorean

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

New pics of VIN 20105, the 24k gold Delorean

These were provided to me by my FB friend Micke (Swedish for Mike) the filmmaker of the upcoming documentary The Golden Wings.

He filmed 3 gold plated Deloreans and interviewed the owners. Should be a good film!!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    10644

The rack of shovels is giving me a heart attack.

My VIN:    5823

Club(s):   (DCH)

Torsion bar

Is that a gold plated torsion bar in picture 4? I think normal torsion bars are expensive, wonder how much this one would set you back!

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by Delta DeLorean View Post
    Is that a gold plated torsion bar in picture 4? I think normal torsion bars are expensive, wonder how much this one would set you back!
    I noticed that as well! Surprising how the gold plating hasn't cracked & flaked from the bars being twisted through use.

Those carpets are interesting as well. They appear to be a dark charcoal grey- the other saddle interior gold DeLorean had matching tan carpet. The carpet section covering the vertical part of the bulkhead behind the seats looks like a sloppy last minute solution- it isn't simply an original carpet section dyed a darker shade. I do love how vinyl edging of the carpet sections along the door sills is saddle colored, though. Little details like that make me so happy.

It's great to see an update on this car. I've been wondering about it since the recent article on the gold cars! http://www.classicandperformancecar....rean-gold-rush
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    5757

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    I noticed that as well! Surprising how the gold plating hasn't cracked & flaked from the bars being twisted through use.

Those carpets are interesting as well. They appear to be a dark charcoal grey- the other saddle interior gold DeLorean had matching tan carpet. The carpet section covering the vertical part of the bulkhead behind the seats looks like a sloppy last minute solution- it isn't simply an original carpet section dyed a darker shade. I do love how vinyl edging of the carpet sections along the door sills is saddle colored, though. Little details like that make me so happy.

It's great to see an update on this car. I've been wondering about it since the recent article on the gold cars! http://www.classicandperformancecar....rean-gold-rush
    Great to see some high-quality photos of the gold car. I've never seen it look so good.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thank you for sharing

My VIN:    3937

More pics here (https://www.instagram.com/p/BzG0FDkl...on_share_sheet) posted today on someone's Instagram account. Pretty friggin' sweet. And the $125k price tag window sticker to go with it.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

More pics.

The Tri State Delorean Club posted some great pics of the gold Delorean as well.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    3997

I *really* wish that saddle brown interior had made it into full production.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Just a reminder, a couple were plated by owners (2 I think) for a grand total of 5. DMC built two for AMEX and assembled the last production car out of parts (has the bad door).
    David Teitelbaum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast