FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 698 of 920 FirstFirst ... 198 598 648 688 696 697 698 699 700 708 748 798 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 9200

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    It is Welded in normally, but in this installation it will get bolted back into place so that it remains removable for future accessibility.
    That's correct. The structural rigidity comes from the heavy aluminum bumper that bolts on to it, not that rear member, anyway. In addition, I will be installing reinforcement plates across the back to further increase rigidity beyond what stock was.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Aluminum Bumper? I don’t recall seeing that the last time I had the facsia/ closing Assembly off my car.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Aluminum Bumper? I don’t recall seeing that the last time I had the facsia/ closing Assembly off my car.
    Same here. Its a steel frame and the foam backing then the fascia, also heat shield

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    That's correct. The structural rigidity comes from the heavy aluminum bumper that bolts on to it, not that rear member, anyway. In addition, I will be installing reinforcement plates across the back to further increase rigidity beyond what stock was.
    Oh ok that makes since! Thanks for clarifying!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    04629

New Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Yep, forgot to mention that. I used these. No cutting or modding at all
    Just the pins for low and high on the outer lights
    OCTANE LIGHTING 4X6" White Led Halo Angel Eye Halogen Headlight Headlamp Bulbs Crystal Clear Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GNU0TG6..._3TG9zbJ9GA835

Your car looks soooo good with that new lighting system up front, as well as the LEDs everywhere else!

Does your headlight system use any less in current than the originals?

This coming winter my car lives in the garage and I'll be changing my lighting system to LEDs, now I know what headlight system I would like to install.

Do those headlights fit into the stock metal support frame? (don't know the correct name for those)

Sure adds a bit of class to your car! (Which is already stunning)

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

The foam backing the fascia is glued on to a very heavy and thick metal; I think it is aluminum. It might be steel? I can take a picture of it next time I am out in my garage if that would help.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Your car looks soooo good with that new lighting system up front, as well as the LEDs everywhere else!

Does your headlight system use any less in current than the originals?

This coming winter my car lives in the garage and I'll be changing my lighting system to LEDs, now I know what headlight system I would like to install.

Do those headlights fit into the stock metal support frame? (don't know the correct name for those)

Sure adds a bit of class to your car! (Which is already stunning)
    Thank you so very much for the kind words. Yeah, my whole car has been changed over to LED's and electroluminescent lighting. Im sure my car is drawing less power with the change in lighting, plus 9 years ago i redid the fuse box and other elecrical grounds for better electrical flow and have a 140 amp alternator from DPI. The head lights fit perfect into the factory buckets and nothing was cut. The only real change I had to do was for the outer headlights that are a low beam Anaheim game I had to switch the two power wires around but leave the ground wire where it's at because the LEDs are reversed. I don't know why that is but that's how they are because I checked it with a test light first. It is very simple just to pluck out the pin and swap sides. I hope to see you posts with your car with the new update as well and you'll definitely benefit from the change and driving at night.

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    The foam backing the fascia is glued on to a very heavy and thick metal; I think it is aluminum. It might be steel? I can take a picture of it next time I am out in my garage if that would help.
    It might be a little bit I'm that is back there considering they did use a lot of that or a very mild form of Steel? I can't remember when I took my bumper off when I was redoing everything for the engine 9 years ago. Holy hell has it been that long lol

My VIN:    04629

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Thank you so very much for the kind words. Yeah, my whole car has been changed over to LED's and electroluminescent lighting. Im sure my car is drawing less power with the change in lighting, plus 9 years ago i redid the fuse box and other elecrical grounds for better electrical flow and have a 140 amp alternator from DPI. The head lights fit perfect into the factory buckets and nothing was cut. The only real change I had to do was for the outer headlights that are a low beam Anaheim game I had to switch the two power wires around but leave the ground wire where it's at because the LEDs are reversed. I don't know why that is but that's how they are because I checked it with a test light first. It is very simple just to pluck out the pin and swap sides. I hope to see you posts with your car with the new update as well and you'll definitely benefit from the change and driving at night.

These are the same changes I want to do to my car, I've already changed to a 140 amp alternator and cleaned up all the 'rear' grounds & added an extra ground to the frame.

I just received a kit of LEDs from a DeLorean vendor, part of my to-do list, to better the electrical all over the car by spring. Also I'll be changing out my fuse box from DMC too.

I don't know if I can match some of the photos of your car, but I'll find a unique place with an interesting background, we can't just photo anywhere as our car(s) deserve good pictures all the time! (as yours does)

I'll be in touch if I encounter any troubles, driving at night and seeing............priceless!!

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    These are the same changes I want to do to my car, I've already changed to a 140 amp alternator and cleaned up all the 'rear' grounds & added an extra ground to the frame.

I just received a kit of LEDs from a DeLorean vendor, part of my to-do list, to better the electrical all over the car by spring. Also I'll be changing out my fuse box from DMC too.

I don't know if I can match some of the photos of your car, but I'll find a unique place with an interesting background, we can't just photo anywhere as our car(s) deserve good pictures all the time! (as yours does)

I'll be in touch if I encounter any troubles, driving at night and seeing............priceless!!
    Again thank you and im looking forward to seeing your photos as well! My back grounds of my pics are right out in front of my house. I live out in West Virginia so there is alot of places out here for great pics. I got all my LED's from Superbrightled.com, the LED HVAC Panel from Dave McKeen and the electroluminescence from Adafruit.com.

Page 698 of 920 FirstFirst ... 198 598 648 688 696 697 698 699 700 708 748 798 ... LastLast