FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing back the BF Goodrich Radial TA in a 195/60/14

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by ozone View Post
    Thanks for the guidance. I was ready to order a set of Vredenstein Sportrac 5's settling for the smaller 225's in the rear, but I was a bit hesitant about the price.Searching around the internet for a possible lower price landed me at eBay where I found a seller offering the fronts at $71.47 each and the rears at $108.75 each AND free shipping. Based on this, it was a no brainer. I ordered them and they should be here on Monday. The seller's username is "tires-easy". I consider this the best deal yet for performance, styling, and price.
    Sounds like this is the ebay store for tires-easy.com. Here's what a full set costs priced out on the website. total cost is about 30 bucks more expensive than ebay for some reason.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Mark, you priced R15s for the front, btw.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Mark, you priced R15s for the front, btw.
    Good catch! With the correct size fronts the cost goes down to the a few bucks cheaper than the ebay store:

My VIN:    16,427

Yep. I guess I could have saved about $15 buying at the online store instead of going through eBay. No biggie. Still a screaming deal.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm not familiar with the Vredestein tires, are they decent? It looks like one of the only options for a matched set, albeit with 225s in the rear.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Vredestein tires, are they decent? It looks like one of the only options for a matched set, albeit with 225s in the rear.
    I just put a set of Fusions on... matched set (with 225's on the rear).

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    In one of the other tire threads there are some detailed reviews. I haven't tried them personally but from how other people here have described them they seem like quality tires. The websites that sell them seem to have generally positive reviews as well.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I went to the local Discount Tires yesterday to get the tires balanced. They wouldn't touch them because the tires are from 2003 even though they are in great shape with no cracking and plenty of tread wear on them. So I probably should get new tires.
    Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    I went to the local Discount Tires yesterday to get the tires balanced. They wouldn't touch them because the tires are from 2003 even though they are in great shape with no cracking and plenty of tread wear on them. So I probably should get new tires.
    Probably not a bad idea to just replace them. My rear tires are from 2001 and last year I had one of them blister out of round on my way home from DCS. I Installed my stock donut spare and it immediately went flat. Had to put the crap wheel and tire back on and limp 10 miles to nearby Lincoln, IL. Then I had to wait overnight for the local Walmart to open (on a Sunday) and install a new tire. They didn't have the correct size, so I had to put a narrower size on that still matched the OD. I think it was a 205/70R15.

It made for a crappy end to my weekend and luckily I was able to still limp along on my blown tire that didn't actually go flat. Otherwise it would have been a ride on the flat bed.

This spring I'm getting two new rear tires and new rubber for the spare.

My VIN:    1710

So I came across these BF Goodrich tires yesterday while browsing the website of a local independent shop where I just got tires for my daily driver. While the 195/60/14 size isn't listed on BF Goodrich's website or Tire Rack's website, it is on other online tire retailers:

https://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/bf-g.../p/tv100021155

No, this model tire isn't available in 235/60/15 for the rear, but it's the same brand as the Radial T/A which is available in that size, and both tires are classified as High Performance All Season. So this might be a viable option for some. The only thing I worry about is if these are discontinued, old-stock tires in the 195/60/14 size. Still, I thought I'd toss this find out to the community for further investigation.
    Louie Golden

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast