FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BPS#6 TIme Machine from Auction Kings - up for sale

Attention Whore

There won't be a remake or a sequel as long as the main 3 are alive, Bob Gale, Robert Zemekis or Steven Speilberg.
    They have vowed to never let it happen.
    But eventually, someone will.
    They remade the Wizard of Oz with Michael Jackson.
    Anything can happen.

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    Anything can happen.
    And essentially with James Franco, though that was more of a Star Wars prequel kind of thing... would've been a better movie with someone else IMO.

I had some more thought about a storyline though - so now it's 2025, hoverboards have been banned since the courthouse incident, kids don't dress funny (well, not like the 2015 version of the 80's in BTTF), cars with hover conversions are now flown semi-autonomously for safety reasons (less air to air collisions which had skyrocketed in previous years since one car just "appeared" out of nowhere in the middle of rush hour traffic). Pepsi Perfect was banned as it created catastrophic levels of weight gain in consumers, and crime has dropped to an all time low.

Doc's boys, who are now in their late 20's (Doc ended up settling down in the just after the turn of the century when they were still 8 and 10), found the plans for the flux capacitor while Doc and Clara go on a free trip to Europe. The boys also find photos of the original time machine, notes of the build, etc. They decide to build a new one, using the same kind of car, but converted to electric (and hydrogen fuel cells to generate enough power to get the 1.81 gigawatts),with a cleaner, more modern design.

Unfortunately, the "free trip" to Europe was set up by a small company, run by Biff Tannen's other grandson, a smart, calculating, nerd/fanboy with nefarious intentions of stealing the time machine plans (as he had heard of stories of his grandfather witnessing a flying DeLorean being able to time travel) to get Doc and Clara out of the way. Unfortunately he didn't think about the boys staying behind from the trip so their mom and dad could have some time together.

At least that's where I'd start.

Or something like that.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    There won't be a remake or a sequel as long as the main 3 are alive, Bob Gale, Robert Zemekis or Steven Speilberg.
    They have vowed to never let it happen.
    But eventually, someone will.
    Anything can happen.
    +1

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    And essentially with James Franco, though that was more of a Star Wars prequel kind of thing... would've been a better movie with someone else IMO.

I had some more thought about a storyline though - so now it's 2025, hoverboards have been banned since the courthouse incident, kids don't dress funny (well, not like the 2015 version of the 80's in BTTF), cars with hover conversions are now flown semi-autonomously for safety reasons (less air to air collisions which had skyrocketed in previous years since one car just "appeared" out of nowhere in the middle of rush hour traffic). Pepsi Perfect was banned as it created catastrophic levels of weight gain in consumers, and crime has dropped to an all time low.

Doc's boys, who are now in their late 20's (Doc ended up settling down in the just after the turn of the century when they were still 8 and 10), found the plans for the flux capacitor while Doc and Clara go on a free trip to Europe. The boys also find photos of the original time machine, notes of the build, etc. They decide to build a new one, using the same kind of car, but converted to electric (and hydrogen fuel cells to generate enough power to get the 1.81 gigawatts),with a cleaner, more modern design.

Unfortunately, the "free trip" to Europe was set up by a small company, run by Biff Tannen's other grandson, a smart, calculating, nerd/fanboy with nefarious intentions of stealing the time machine plans (as he had heard of stories of his grandfather witnessing a flying DeLorean being able to time travel) to get Doc and Clara out of the way. Unfortunately he didn't think about the boys staying behind from the trip so their mom and dad could have some time together.

At least that's where I'd start.

Or something like that.
    I have to say I like that storyline. Or make an adaptation of the Telltale games one.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Thanks! It's actually been brewing in the back of my mind the last few days. As far as the recent game, that's cool and all, but last time I did something similar (adapted a game from an episode of a children's video series), as well as it did, it could have been way better being an original story. Plus I like the idea of seeing what Doc's kids are doing, how things got messed up because of Doc popping in during rush hour traffic (when he purposely did his first experiment in the middle of the night to prevent any time paradox - or accidents), how a bunch of fads kind of faded off and people came to their senses (like how things were in the 80's and are now..). Maybe even something about a bigger threat than the Libyans...

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Thanks! It's actually been brewing in the back of my mind the last few days. As far as the recent game, that's cool and all, but last time I did something similar (adapted a game from an episode of a children's video series), as well as it did, it could have been way better being an original story. Plus I like the idea of seeing what Doc's kids are doing, how things got messed up because of Doc popping in during rush hour traffic (when he purposely did his first experiment in the middle of the night to prevent any time paradox - or accidents), how a bunch of fads kind of faded off and people came to their senses (like how things were in the 80's and are now..). Maybe even something about a bigger threat than the Libyans...
    You should see the new Top Gun 2 trailer. I must admit, it doesn't look good, so if they screw up a BTTF 4/remake then maybe it needs to stay with 3, but it would be nice for the Delorean/BTTF communities to have advance notice of any scripts. I know that whomever that makes it isn't going to do that but I think I'll be sick to my stomach when I see Top Gun 2. I hated SW 1 with Jar Jar Binks and almost didn't watch SW2 because of it. Jar Jar made me want to gouge my eyeballs out.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I hated SW 1 with Jar Jar Binks and almost didn't watch SW2 because of it. Jar Jar made me want to gouge my eyeballs out.
    Ditto. And I'm still on the fence with the Robocop remake- but it was better than all the stupid Robocop movies after the original.

Maybe Disney should buy out BTTF as they did with Marvel and Star Wars....

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    Universal execs will look at Future Day 10/21 and see that level of interest and would be More-ons not to capitalize on all of that money sitting out there. If the Bob's don't want to make it, fine. Let Universal make it though or 20th Century Fox.
    I thought I recently read or saw that one of the universal studios doesn't even have their delorean on display anymore. They brought it out for BTTF day and then returned it to the backlot or storage or something. Supposedly while they work on that area of the park. Either way, whatever I read had me thinking they were not excited about BTTF day nor the car, and it sounded like it might be stored away for a while.. So I think there is no behind the scenes talk or interest right now..

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

US-Orlando car is still on display, along with the train. Sitting there in the Florida sun, slowly decomposing.......

US-California restored the A car a couple of years ago, put it in a glass display case at an odd angle, but have apparently just removed it after 10/21 and put it in storage indefinitely.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

That sucks on both cases. I was going to be up in NoHo soon and was going to make a point to go see the A car when I was up there...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast