FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: How to rotate uploaded pictures

My VIN:    5625

How to rotate uploaded pictures

I am having an issue uploading photos into my photo albums in the right orientation. The photo is in the correct orientation prior to uploading into DMCTalk, but one I import it the picture is sideways. Is there anyway to rotate the picture once uploaded? Or is there a way to fool the system?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I looked at some of your posts and in your albums, but didn't see any that looked rotated. Post a link.

...You can resize but not rotate while posting (or during an edit, for a short time afterwards). Assuming they always rotate the same way, you could rotate them backwards before uploading them..a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I looked at some of your posts and in your albums, but didn't see any that looked rotated. Post a link.

...You can resize but not rotate while posting (or during an edit, for a short time afterwards). Assuming they always rotate the same way, you could rotate them backwards before uploading them..a PITA.
    yeah, normally they post fine. However recently they are fine prior to upload then they are rotated the wrong way once uploaded. I attempted to rotate them the wrong way prior to upload but they still seem to upload in the wrong orientation.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

check out my R12 to 134a conversion photo album. All the photos that are cocked to the side uploaded that way. It doesn't matter if I rotate them the wrong way prior to upload, they will still upload in the wrong orientation.

My VIN:    03500

Tried that my self. Didn't work.

Dave B.

I finally found documentation on the problem...vBulletin is aware of it, but it is not high on their list...:-(
    Sounds like most of the problems were with iPhone pics.

I copied the first one to PSP, rotated it, and saved it as this JPG.
    Image5.jpg

Sorry no more help to offer yet....

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

If you have an iPhone /iPad you have to take every horizontal/landscape photo with the home button to your right. Otherwise, it won't upload properly to a PC. Apple photos contain orientation data that allows them to be displayed properly on Apple products, but PCs can't or won't read this data.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    If you have an iPhone /iPad you have to take every horizontal/landscape photo with the home button to your right. Otherwise, it won't upload properly to a PC. Apple photos contain orientation data that allows them to be displayed properly on Apple products, but PCs can't or won't read this data.
    Good to know, thanks!

Thanks! Dana.