FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: "Rakoon to the Future" Time Machine Conversion 'KICKSTARTER' Campaign

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    what really?
    So what happens to all the funds? They go back to the initial spenders or the site keeps it?
    Yes, the backers are refunded (or they just don't take the money until it's completed, but no-one is out of pocket)

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3997

Kickstarter is a normally a program to help benefit everyone....like curing cancer or making a video game. I see no benefit to me by having you turn your car into a BTTF replica. Im sorry. This all seems very pointless and self-centered.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Wow, just.. Wow. I'll make an opposing one, Making one to protect a car from literally being a running joke. Donate to mine and it won't be another crappy BTTF ripoff and rest well knowing that your money went to preserving a car.

(I might put one up, not sure, but why not. Maybe so many DeLorean related projects will deter others from giving money to all of these idiotic 'projects'.)
    Last edited by Roman Legion; 06-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

And here I was thinking of doing a Kickstarter for $5,000 so I could record a CD. Now it seems that Kickstarter is just turning into a big joke for fools and their money. I guess "crowdsourcing" has seen its heyday already.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    Wow, just.. Wow. I'll make an opposing one, Making one to protect a car from literally being a running joke. Donate to mine and it won't be another crappy BTTF ripoff and rest well knowing that your money went to preserving a car.

(I might put one up, not sure, but why not. Maybe so many DeLorean related projects will deter others from giving money to all of these idiotic 'projects'.)
    Why not just save up your money and buy one like a normal responsible person instead?

I'll assume you were just joking...
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    Why not just save up your money and buy one like a normal responsible person instead?

I'll assume you were just joking...
    It was meant more in jest than as a declaration of my intentions. I'd be less than honest if I said the thought of actually doing that wasn't very tempting. Then again, if some anonymous person wants to give me money, why say no? Just something to think about while I'm at work.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    It was meant more in jest than as a declaration of my intentions. I'd be less than honest if I said the thought of actually doing that wasn't very tempting. Then again, if some anonymous person wants to give me money, why say no? Just something to think about while I'm at work.
    Just keep in mind that doing so might rub some folks here (myself being one) the wrong way. As a result, those folks may be less than willing to assist you in your future ownership. Just look at the threads like this one where contributors are poking fun while at the same time disgusted with these internet "give me money cause I want a fancy car" schemes.

I have a sick family member who used a similar service to raise $ for a medical operation overseas. That is a worthy cause, especially when insurance doesn't cover the expenses. Asking for money for a car you'd like to have is sickening to me.

It's a free country so do whatever you want. If there's people dumb enough to contribute... whatever.
    Jeff

Just keep in mind that doing so might rub some folks here (myself being one) the wrong way. As a result, those folks may be less than willing to assist you in your future ownership. Just look at the threads like this one where contributors are poking fun while at the same time disgusted with these internet "give me money cause I want a fancy car" schemes.

I have a sick family member who used a similar service to raise $ for a medical operation overseas. That is a worthy cause, especially when insurance doesn't cover the expenses. Asking for money for a car you'd like to have is sickening to me.

It's a free country so do whatever you want. If there's people dumb enough to contribute... whatever.
    No matter what one does or says, someone will always take offense to something, so I'm not really all that worried about it to be honest. It's the internet, a virtual land not for the faint of heart. A good life lesson is to try not taking anything personally, and it directly carries over to the internet, where so many people want you to take things personally for their amusement.

get a job. Save some dough. Get your car. Its the way responsible adults have been financing their hobbies for years now. In the long run, it really is the best way to fly.
    1-800-273-8255

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast