FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Well... I'm here!! :D

My VIN:    3095

Club(s):   (DCF)

Welcome Nick, Awesome to have another D in town. I have read your blog and look forward to meeting you & seeing your car in person.

My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

Welcome to Florida! Lots of things to do, and lots of fun.

I actually live in Kissimmee because of my work, not too far from Disney, but keep my Delorean garaged in Melbourne area. Hopefully we can maybe get a nice tech session later this year, and get a large group of DMC owners together.

-Randy
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachdrifter View Post
    Welcome to Florida! Lots of things to do, and lots of fun.

I actually live in Kissimmee because of my work, not too far from Disney, but keep my Delorean garaged in Melbourne area. Hopefully we can maybe get a nice tech session later this year, and get a large group of DMC owners together.

-Randy
    I hope so too!

Is there a list anywhere of upcoming events or anything? I checked the DeLorean Club of Florida website but the events dont list anything after the Celebration Carshow 2012.

Thanks!

My VIN:    3004

Welcome Nick. My younger brother works for Disney. Does something with programming rides and then I tune him out for some reason. Must be a brother thing I swear he's explained it to me 10 times and I forget almost instantly.

My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I hope so too!

Is there a list anywhere of upcoming events or anything? I checked the DeLorean Club of Florida website but the events dont list anything after the Celebration Carshow 2012.

Thanks!
    I don't know any off the top of my head, but usually this time of year things are kind of calm when it comes to car shows or tech sessions. Heat and sun is too much. But I imagine October time frame will probably be something that will pop up.
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

My VIN:    6654

Nick,
    Are you an Imagineer? Is that a generic title or a title that specific people earn?

My wife and I watched a 2 hour special on Modern Marvels about the creation of Disneyland and Disney World. We go to Disney a lot, of course we live in Florida and it's only a 1.5 hour drive. We like it so much we bought a time share so we can pass it down to our grandchildren.

We are coming up the week after the 4th. I'll be at a conference but my wife and granddaughter are going to do the parks. I was going to bring the D but we don't have underground parking where we are staying. When we go to the Car Show at Celebration I stay at Animal Kingdom so I can park underground.

Congratulations on your new job and welcome to Florida Summers.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Thanks! I am not an imagineer. Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is its own company that deals primarily with the creative aspects of the parks and resorts. All imagineers dealing with rides are located in Glendale California. That being said, we do work closely with WDI, especially on new rides because of the familiarity we have with the resort. I deal with just Walt Disney World, specifically the Rides in the 4 parks from the mechanical perspective. We design changes and improvements on pretty much any long term project.

Anyway like I said, any group gatherings I want to know about. I'm itching to work at a tech session or something!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I hope so too!

Thanks!
    Not to crash your thread but you are only 7 hours from Con '13 and the parade could always use a Doctor in a D.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Sphiend - VIN 6510
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lol, I was 7 hours away when I was in Ohio too, just on the other side. I'm still trying to work out whether or not I'll be at DC this year. I hope so, just not positive yet.

Veteran

I'm a former member of DCF and owner of a Delorean as well. I must say, That's some NICE work! Its reminiscent of a guy in Florida named Eddie who used to drop Supra engines into DMC-12's also. I wonder how the would drive would be with that kind of power in it?

I just noticed my name on the left says veteran but my join date was actually back in 2005 even though it says 2012. lol
    -One of the earliest members of DCF in 2006. (Former owner of #6720)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast