FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN Chronology

My VIN:    05686

Club(s):   (DCF)

5686 is now in sunny Tarpon Springs, FL. Currently being restored, engine runs, rebuilding the brakes right now, working out electrical issues (a PO did some questionable repair work) and fixing up the interior. That is just what I need to do to drive, too many other projects to get it where I want.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

VIN 1585 (Smokey Yunick Delorean) is Jacksonville Fl.

My VIN:    6313

VIN Chronology

VIN 6313 is now in Katy TX (Previously Long Beach California. Shows up on some lists as Netherlands?)
    - 5 speed, grooved roof
    - Grey interior, but now two tone seating

Banned

http://www.deloreanmuseum.org/

This is much simpler than attempting to wade through multiple PDF's which do indeed appear to be less complete than the registry, of sorts, found here. My car is actually on this registry as well as original owner info, plus.

As far as can tell, the most complete and comprehensive Delorean Registry laid out in a sensible and logical order. It does however, fail to openly disclose a few details anyone should care to know about their car.

http://www.deloreanmuseum.org/

VIN 559 is now in Brecksville, Ohio. And yes, it's an Automatic, so that's accurate (unlike quite a few lists out there).

Where's the engine number and frame number? I'd be more than happy to provide that info, but I honestly have no idea where to find them.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Here is the latest VIN list as of 5-22-12. Please send me any corrections/updates. Also please email me pictures of your VIN plate located on the driver's side door sill. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    Please send me any corrections/updates. Also please email me pictures of your VIN plate located on the driver's side door sill.
    VIN 559 is now in Brecksville, OH as mentioned a couple posts up, but never had a driver's door vin plate (just the windshield one). No holes, no glue residue, no discoloration, no indentations, no sign of it ever existing.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    VIN 559 is now in Brecksville, OH as mentioned a couple posts up, but never had a driver's door vin plate (just the windshield one). No holes, no glue residue, no discoloration, no indentations, no sign of it ever existing.
    Wow, your car gets more interesting all the time
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Most of the 500 series cars did not have the door sill VIN plates, since they were not available
    when many of the 500 series cars were initially assembled.

VIN...500 has the "incorrect" 1982/1983 style door sill VIN plate, which was most likely installed
    when the car was donated to the Crawford Auto Museum (with an incorrect 1982 window sticker).

VIN...502 has a correct style 1981 style door sill VIN plate, added later while at Legend Industries.

VIN...520 never had a door sill VIN plate, since Day 1 that it was delivered to the US in January 81.

VIN...583 has a correct style 1981 style door sill VIN plate, although it was not installed "straight".

Later,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

4857 is in dorchester wis. grey auto

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast