FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Source for stainless nut, bolts, threaded screws, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Bolt Depot.com is my go to source. The deciding factor for me was that you can buy in single quantities instead of having to buy a minimum of 20, or 50 like McMaster and other sites. Prices are competitive per piece and you can save buying in larger quantities if you are wanting to have a stash of spares for common sizes.

https://www.boltdepot.com/
    Mark,
    Just took a look at the website. Easy to navigate and cost is reasonable. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Ron

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

McMaster for sure. Their vast selection, hyper-efficient and no-nonsense website with logical filtering functions and access to drawings for all of their products makes them my go-to place.

Yes that sounds like an elevator pitch but I swear I am not associate with McMaster. I just like them.
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I really like the "All Things Metric" this place offers in a large range of fasteners on this side of the pond.

https://www.belmetric.com

Copper M7 exhaust nuts, Banjo fittings and bolts, Nuts, Screws, washers, studs, etc.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    McMaster for sure. Their vast selection, hyper-efficient and no-nonsense website with logical filtering functions and access to drawings for all of their products makes them my go-to place.

Yes that sounds like an elevator pitch but I swear I am not associate with McMaster. I just like them.
    Dont forget next day delivery, same day if youre early enough

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Dont forget next day delivery, same day if youre early enough
    That's one thing McMaster does very well. I can't fathom how they pull it off so effectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Ebay

Nearly as fasteners come from china, might as well buy in bulk direct. You will understand how much the hardware stores are making up screws and nuts.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

A friendly reminder, major load bearing bolts should not be stainless (suspension, steering, drivetrain, etc)

Even the highest rated stainless bolts have much lower properties (tensile, proof load, yield strength) than a class 8.8 steel bolt.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10201

McMaster lists the stainless having a tensile strength of 100ksi and class 8.8 as 110ksi. Close enough that in non critical applications it won't matter, but I've wondered how long before corrosion damage lowers the strength of the class 8.8 below the stainless. Haven't looked into it much yet though.

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

A challenge for you guys!

Are you aware of ANY vendor that offers a Clevis Pin with these dimensions???

Clevis pin.JPG

Why do I need this? Well, I have bought Delorean Europe's vented rotors and given that the calipers are about 3/8" wider to accommodate the wider rotors, you need 3/8" longer Pad Retaining Pins (pn 109003), right? Well, the kit didn't come with longer clevis pins as expected; instead what I got was long cotter pins. A solution I am not entirely comfortable with...
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Are you aware of ANY vendor that offers a Clevis Pin with these dimensions???

Clevis pin.JPG

Why do I need this? Well, I have bought Delorean Europe's vented rotors and given that the calipers are about 3/8" wider to accommodate the wider rotors, you need 3/8" longer Pad Retaining Pins (pn 109003), right? Well, the kit didn't come with longer clevis pins as expected; instead what I got was long cotter pins. A solution I am not entirely comfortable with...
    Worst case you can buy this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M16-Caliper-...6_4PfQmq1l_D2A

OR This, just put a cotter pin in both sides.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-q...-pins/=17qnskh
    Last edited by Josh; 05-22-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast