FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: P.J.GRADY Lift Piston feedback wanted

My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD001815

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    I want to buy a set of lift pistons but, your web site wants me to create an account just to pay with PayPal.
    The reason I use PayPal is to pay for an item with out having to do this.
    I.E., my contact information and desired shipping location is already stored with them.
    Sorry, no sale.

George
    George,

Call Rob, he will work with you. You don't need to do orders on the internet only... Good vibes from Rob and Jessica....

Tod Craver

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by rtcraver View Post
    George,

Call Rob, he will work with you. You don't need to do orders on the internet only... Good vibes from Rob and Jessica....

Tod Craver
    Thank you Tod. I hadn't checked this thread recently as it had seemed dormant and just spotted this now. Doh! I'm trying to stay in the shop more too. Jessica and myself appreciate your comments and the feedback. Keep the thread alive!!!

Hey George I'm sorry but our site doesn't always work as intended and we may be switching providers soon to hopefully have fewer gitches. We have sent you parts before and you can always call (800)350-7429 to report a glitch or to order it direct.
    It's a shame because I think you would have really liked our gas springs better than whatever you're using now.

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi Rob,

I have a set of your door pistons that probably go back to the late 1990s. No complaints at all and they lasted a very long time. Are the replacements similar or improved somehow? It never occurred to me (until reading this thread) that they were not all the same.

At this point I need to replace all three sets although I have a backup set for the engine compartment from Pittman DeLorean, which I imagine are very old as well, if they are even good anymore. Last time I worked on the car it was a pain propping everything up.

Thanks

Bill
    Last edited by Bill6298; 03-08-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Bill

VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Bill6298 View Post
    Hi Rob,

I have a set of your door struts that probably go back to the late 1990s. No complaints at all and they lasted a very long time. Are the replacements similar or improved somehow? It never occurred to me (until reading this thread) that they were not all the same.

At this point I need to replace all three sets although I have a backup set for the engine compartment from Pittman DeLorean, which I imagine are very old as well, if they are even good anymore. Last time I worked on the car it was a pain propping everything up.

Thanks

Bill
    They will be shot from sitting all those years Bill. Most "Gas Springs" as the mftr calls them leak out at the rate of 5% a year but ours have a double lip seal so should do better than the average. I visited my manufacturer for a tour three years ago and they supplied me with numerous prototypes built to my specified charge and dampening ranges and incorporated a then new dampening feature which slows the speed at the top of the travel. I determined the best setup for each of the three gas spring types needed for the Delorean using these different prototype settings. It's all contained in the first part of this long thread if you want more info and we've sold many hundred's of these units with many happy customers. I even have door pistons designed to let you just swap from a summer to a winter piston to avoid seasonal T. B. adjustments in colder climates for those who use the cars year round.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Hey George I'm sorry but our site doesn't always work as intended and we may be switching providers soon to hopefully have fewer gitches. We have sent you parts before and you can always call (800)350-7429 to report a glitch or to order it direct.
    It's a shame because I think you would have really liked our gas springs better than whatever you're using now.
    Hey Rob. I did end up buying my set of lift pistons from you, (I had to call instead of using the website), when you had the introductory special. I Love them.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    Hey Rob. I did end up buying my set of lift pistons from you, (I had to call instead of using the website), when you had the introductory special. I Love them.

George
    Wow....Tod reached back a long way for that quote huh! Now I remember seeing that and reaching out to you. Or was it visa versa it's all a blur. Way to go Tod...leave no stone unturned my man!
    Rob

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9