FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: No AC

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

No AC

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    it was 78 degrees
    At that temperature you should have been seeing around 80 psi static. The system is probably near empty.

Here is the vapor pressure chart for Redtek 12a

http://www.redtek.com/English/product.asp?ID=47.

They reference two different pressure methods. I would have to believe bubble is the one you would use with the gauge.

I would call their tech support line for clarity and further questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    At that temperature you should have been seeing around 80 psi static. The system is probably near empty.

Here is the vapor pressure chart for Redtek 12a

http://www.redtek.com/English/product.asp?ID=47.

They reference two different pressure methods. I would have to believe bubble is the one you would use with the gauge.

I would call their tech support line for clarity and further questions.

I called Red Tek and they suggested that its low as well. They said that chart is "Super technical" and couldn't explain it to me. LOL I just don't want to over charge the system. If your A/C Is working properly and charged where it should be, If you have the setting on MAX will the compressor run all the time? Or cycle? Again mine is cycling kicking the fans on and off with the operation of the compressor. The dryer or accumulator doesn't seem to get cold either.

My VIN:    03572

Your almost empty on refrigerant. If you even had one drop of liquid refrigerant you would have the normal static pressure. Hence you can not determine amount of charge via static pressure reading. Since you only have a little gas in your system the pressure will read low.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Your almost empty on refrigerant. If you even had one drop of liquid refrigerant you would have the normal static pressure. Hence you can not determine amount of charge via static pressure reading. Since you only have a little gas in your system the pressure will read low.
    +1

According to the Redtek weight conversion chart you will need 12 oz or two 6 oz cans. For a full charge equivalent.

“9)RED TEK 12a Refrigerant is installed through the LOW SIDE SERVICE PORT AND IS CHARGED AS A LIQUID INTO A "0" ATMOSPHERIC CONDITION. DO NOT INSTALL INTO A SYSTEM WHERE A HARD VACUUM EXISTS.”

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

OK, Well seems as if I was just low on freon. Added some red Tek and it is blowing nice and chill. Thank you all for the assistance.

OK, Well seems as if I was just low on freon. Added some red Tek and it is blowing nice and chill. Thank you all for the assistance.
    If you were that low, you have leak somewhere. You just need to see how long in lasts.

DENNIS

If you were that low, you have leak somewhere. You just need to see how long in lasts.

Maybe so, I will keep my eye on it. Its been 4 years since it was charged.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

(Lucky dog...;-)

"DO NOT INSTALL INTO A SYSTEM WHERE A HARD VACUUM EXISTS."
    ... wonder what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

... wonder what's up with that?
    Yeah, no idea either. But that’s what was in the installation instructions.

DENNIS

[QUOTE=DMC5180;234405]Yeah, no idea either. But that’s what was in the installation instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTERed-Tek Fill Procedure – DeLorean.pdf

This is what DMCH told me.
    Red-Tek 12a Fill Procedure – DeLorean
    Laws for refrigerants and R12 replacements vary by state - make sure you are familiar with them.
    Products –
    30lb cylinder of refrigerant (for shop use)
    6oz individual refrigerant cans (can be for shop use or customers can purchase on their own) Leak Stop AC Seal Repair for o-rings, rubber areas – 4oz can that contains 2oz of refrigerant Pro Seal Leak Repair for metal components (compressor, evap, condenser, metal lines)– 4oz can that contains 2oz of refrigerant
    Charge amount needed for DeLorean – 11oz of refrigerant, you can get this from pure refrigerant, or a mix of refrigerant and the leak stopping cans. Just make sure the total ounces of refrigerant itself is equal to 11.
    Oil - 2 ounces of R12 compatible compressor oil Dye - 1⁄2 ounce of dye
    Evacuation - pull a vacuum on the system like normal in order to be sure excess moisture, etc is cleared out.
    Charging - Hold the can upright rather than inverted when charging the system. Also, barely crack open the line when filling – the refrigerant is a mix of different gases that combine best when let in very slowly. If you fill quickly like normal refrigerant, it may initially blow warm and make you think that the charge is bad or underfilled. Drive the car for about 20 minutes before making the call, as some time on the road can give the gases time to mix correctly and the AC will blow cold like it should.
    No components should have to be changed out or adapted for the use of Red Tek.
    Temperatures seen out of the vents are around 34 degrees on the road and about 48 - 50 at idle in the shop with no air going over the condenser.
    Pressures are about 40-50 on the low side and 200-225 on the high side at idle. At about 2000 RPM, they move to about 28-30 on the low side, and 275-300 on the high side.
    If you overfill and try to remove excess like normal refrigerant, the gases do not exit the car equally, so what you are left with is not a good mix that will cool correctly. It is better to underfill and then add as needed than to overfill and remove the extra.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast