FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 - Saturday, August 20, 2016

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 - Saturday, August 20, 2016

Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 - Saturday, August 20, 2016 (the 22nd Anniversary of the Dream Cruise)

This year's Woodward Dream Cruise is only two weeks away. (weren't we just at DCS 2016 a few weeks ago?)

The World's Largest Car Show and Car Cruise needs your DeLoreans. There is no better destination to pilot
    our DeLoreans, driving past crowds of people who have such a great admiration of John Z. DeLorean and who
    enjoy seeing our DeLoreans, cruising up and down Woodward Ave. This is a multi-club DeLorean event, with
    DeLoreans from all over the Midwest and Canada. With over 50,000 vehicles attending, driving or parking
    next to Woodward Ave, and over a Million spectators, this Cruise is THE EVENT for all you "Gear Heads".

As with years past, we will have a few DMC POGs join us at the cruise on Saturday. This year we have no car
    display (formally), but we do plan to be cruising Woodward, and making a few stops as a group along the way.

Check out the official Woodward Cruise website for more info: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

There is "cruising" all week, but our official DeLorean cruising is usually limited to Friday and Saturday.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Note: Weather permitting, I plan to bring one of my Custom DeLoreans to Woodward, for it's first time there.
    Last edited by Rich W; 08-04-2016 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added note

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 - Saturday, August 20, 2016 (the 22nd Anniversary of the Dream Cruise)

This year's Woodward Dream Cruise is only two weeks away. (weren't we just at DCS 2016 a few weeks ago?)

The World's Largest Car Show and Car Cruise needs your DeLoreans. There is no better destination to pilot
    our DeLoreans, driving past crowds of people who have such a great admiration of John Z. DeLorean and who
    enjoy seeing our DeLoreans, cruising up and down Woodward Ave. This is a multi-club DeLorean event, with
    DeLoreans from all over the Midwest and Canada. With over 50,000 vehicles attending, driving or parking
    next to Woodward Ave, and over a Million spectators, this Cruise is THE EVENT for all you "Gear Heads".

As with years past, we will have a few DMC POGs join us at the cruise on Saturday. This year we have no car
    display (formally), but we do plan to be cruising Woodward, and making a few stops as a group along the way.

Check out the official Woodward Cruise website for more info: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

There is "cruising" all week, but our official DeLorean cruising is usually limited to Friday and Saturday.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Note: Weather permitting, I plan to bring one of my Custom DeLoreans to Woodward, for it's first time there.
    So no Benz Dealership this year?

I will be on Woodward, just wondering where everybody will be. PM me on my signature and I will get it quicker.

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-08-2016 at 04:25 PM.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    So no Benz Dealership this year?

I will be on Woodward, just wondering where everybody will be. PM me on my signature and I will get it quicker.

--Doug
    Bloomfield Hills Township runs the Charity Car Show Display at the MB Dealership during each year's Woodward Dream Cruise.
    Tony Swann and I have "taken turns" pre-registering a block of spaces the past 5 years, with others registering directly online.

Responsibilities change almost every year, so we had to remind them of our DMC Clubs' interest by May or June (each Spring).
    This year, Tony and I were a little busy with DCS 2016, so we had hoped someone in MI would take care of this event.

In any case, you can try to contact the committee or submit your own registration form this week, to keep up the MB tradition.

http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Events/...sicCarShow.asp

Bloomfield Hills Township runs the Charity Car Show Display at the MB Dealership during each year's Woodward Dream Cruise.
    Tony Swann and I have "taken turns" pre-registering a block of spaces the past 5 years, with others registering directly online.

Responsibilities change almost every year, so we had to remind them of our DMC Clubs' interest by May or June (each Spring).
    This year, Tony and I were a little busy with DCS 2016, so we had hoped someone in MI would take care of this event.

In any case, you can try to contact the committee or submit your own registration form this week, to keep up the MB tradition.

http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Events/...sicCarShow.asp
    Boy they have increased the registration. Used to be $20... I will call them later today. I will also post the link over on DCO side.

And on my FB. Plus Ohio's and DMC FB pages.

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-09-2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: clarify

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Boy they have increased the registration. Used to be $20... I will call them later today. I will also post the link over on DCO side.

And on my FB. Plus Ohio's and DMC FB pages.

--Doug
    There are "Off-Woodward" parking spaces that are less, but I have not seen many "On Woodward" parking spaces for under $50 per space for over a decade now,
    at least not any "On Woodward" parking spaces that are even close to "Prime Locations" or in many of the better neighborhoods along Woodward's "Main Drag".

Woodward Prime Location parking spaces are often several hundreds of dollars and most of them can only be reserved in "groups" of spaces, in advance.
    Most die-hard Woodward folks consider the Prime Locations between Mile 11 (or just North of the Zoo) at least through Mile 14 (or Maple in Birmingham).

Keep in mind the MB Dealership is in a very nice area and all the money they collect goes to the Fireman's Fund Charity, so it really is a Win-Win.
    The only minor draw-back to this location is that they do not allow any Friday afternoon or evening parking, just Saturday from about 8am - 6pm.

There are "Off-Woodward" parking spaces that are less, but I have not seen many "On Woodward" parking spaces for under $50 per space for over a decade now,
    at least not any "On Woodward" parking spaces that are even close to "Prime Locations" or in many of the better neighborhoods along Woodward's "Main Drag".

Woodward Prime Location parking spaces are often several hundreds of dollars and most of them can only be reserved in "groups" of spaces, in advance.
    Most die-hard Woodward folks consider the Prime Locations between Mile 11 (or just North of the Zoo) at least through Mile 14 (or Maple in Birmingham).

Keep in mind the MB Dealership is in a very nice area and all the money they collect goes to the Fireman's Fund Charity, so it really is a Win-Win.
    The only minor draw-back to this location is that they do not allow any Friday afternoon or evening parking, just Saturday from about 8am - 6pm.
    Hmmmm. I usually am down in Ferndale south of I 696, just on the other side of the bridge, and we have many people there/events. Last year I parked on Woodward for Free. Right by the curb. I tried to make it north up by the MB dealership, traffic was too jacked.

--Doug

Hmmmm. I usually am down in Ferndale south of I 696, just on the other side of the bridge, and we have many people there/events. Last year I parked on Woodward for Free. Right by the curb. I tried to make it north up by the MB dealership, traffic was too jacked.

--Doug
    Although I have been to Woodward over a dozen times and I have driven the entire "populated" route, from South to North,
    I am not a "local", so I may need to defer to some of the local DeLorean owners that have also driven that route for years.

After trying a few different areas over the past decade, Byron and a few other local owners have preferred the MB location.
    It's certainly much easier to park one car (for free or otherwise) than to try to park one or two dozen cars in the same area.

From all our Woodward driving over the past half decade from the MB location, the South bound traffic from Big Beaver to
    about the Zoo is always terrible on Saturday, while the North bound traffic in the same zone is usually much, much better.

We usually take alternate routes (side streets) to drive South, then get onto Woodward to cruise North at a reasonable pace,
    getting onto Woodward around 696 or at Mile 11. (your mileage may vary)

13901514_499158773617309_8214330080549289863_n.jpg13901430_499123460287507_1170495289987674148_n.jpg
    Although I have been to Woodward over a dozen times and I have driven the entire "populated" route, from South to North,
    I am not a "local", so I may need to defer to some of the local DeLorean owners that have also driven that route for years.

After trying a few different areas over the past decade, Byron and a few other local owners have preferred the MB location.
    It's certainly much easier to park one car (for free or otherwise) than to try to park one or two dozen cars in the same area.

From all our Woodward driving over the past half decade from the MB location, the South bound traffic from Big Beaver to
    about the Zoo is always terrible on Saturday, while the North bound traffic in the same zone is usually much, much better.

We usually take alternate routes (side streets) to drive South, then get onto Woodward to cruise North at a reasonable pace,
    getting onto Woodward around 696 or at Mile 11. (your mileage may vary)
    Interesting. I always found going north from Ferndale is a PITA. Never have gone south though. Usually go North, to Maple (15 mile) or 14 mile then head east. Find a road such as Campbell (Hilton)then head south back to I 696.

Byron likes it because he lives in Bloomfield or around that area. I used to live in Ferndale, that is why I never was up in your neck of the woods. Now I live in Macomb. Garfield and Hall roads. Take M59 over. Last year I cruised down Gratiot, picked up my Dad in the D, then took 8 mile over to Woodward and came up.

TIMEZUP (Mike) Lives in Roseville, 1.21GW (Joe) in Warren and me in Macomb DOCBRWN and then Byron in Bloomfield. All who I know of. Trying to see if Mike's going to go to MB.

--Doug

(Gratiot Cruise), pulled up and parked, earlier I was across that street lol
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-09-2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Clarity

<snip>Byron likes it because he lives in Bloomfield or around that area. I used to live in Ferndale, that is why I never was up in your neck of the woods. <snip>
    My neck of the woods is Chicago. Byron is the president of DeLorean Motor City club.
    Tony Swann and myself organize events for the DeLorean Midwest Connection club.

Tony and I have helped Byron organize a group display for Woodward the past few years,
    since Byron has had his hands full with work and life in general, during Woodward events.

After having been squeezed into a few spaces near a liquor store and in the outfield of the
    baseball field (in the rain) in Memorial Park (just off of Woodward at 13), I really doubt the
    main reason for "liking" the MB location is because of where Byron lives, and has more to
    do with that it is a very nice location, in a nice area, with parking for a whole group of cars.

My neck of the woods is Chicago. Byron is the president of DeLorean Motor City club.
    Tony Swann and myself organize events for the DeLorean Midwest Connection club.

Tony and I have helped Byron organize a group display for Woodward the past few years,
    since Byron has had his hands full with work and life in general, during Woodward events.

After having been squeezed into a few spaces near a liquor store and in the outfield of the
    baseball field (in the rain) in Memorial Park (just off of Woodward at 13), I really doubt the
    main reason for "liking" the MB location is because of where Byron lives, and has more to
    do with that it is a very nice location, in a nice area, with parking for a whole group of cars.
    I was meaning MB dealership being your neck of the woods. I know who Byron is.Vinsetta Garage.jpg

My car / his car. I am not part of the DMC, I am part of the DCO because of events. It seems like we do none here in Detroit which is funny because we have a lot of places here where the car was developed, not to mention where JZD lived and went to school at...

So I do my own events. See my page in my signature for that information.

My intention for coming over to your page is not to argue, but to coordinate. I have not seen anything from DMC or DCO on the Woodward Dream Cruise. That is why I stopped by here.

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-09-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast