FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rich W. cars on Yahoo Autos

Rich W. cars on Yahoo Autos

Stumbled on this today (wasn't even looking for DeLorean stuff), on Rich W.'s cars. Very nice video, I thought. Mostly on D-Rex and the Limo. I would have liked to see more on the convertible and the hover-craft, but hey, that's just me.

Love your work, Rich!

Thomas

Last edited by Citizen; 07-26-2013 at 12:45 PM.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Stumbled on this today (wasn't even looking for DeLorean stuff), on Rich W.'s cars. Very nice video, I thought. Mostly on D-Rex and the Limo. I would have liked to see more on the convertible and the hover-craft, but hey, that's just me.

Love your work, Rich!

Thomas

Thanks for seeing that yesterday, Thomas.
    I was away from a computer all day yesterday.

Below is the link to Alex Lloyd's article, video and photos.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...160908798.html

As Alex mentioned, it was 97 degrees last Friday,
    but we made it through the day with plenty of water.
    Last edited by Rich W; 07-27-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: fixed iPhone type-o's

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Very cool article and video! Looks like you have a very nice home too Rich! Jealous all around, haha.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    3028

Whenever I see a piece on your cars I can't wrap my head around how much time you must spend engineering these things. I like these vehicles instead of another time machine, because it makes me wonder how the company would have evolved, and what type of vehicles they might have produced.

Barry

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Didn't know you had a stock Delorean with a Stage 2 Rich.

Looks like a nice ride. The D-Rex is a legend in the community. You can tell in the video with that truck suspension it looks like it has a rough ride.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by jschatte View Post
    Very cool article and video! Looks like you have a very nice home too Rich! Jealous all around, haha.
    Thanks Josh. The weekend house is more of a family place, not my own.

But it is a great place to get away for the weekend (and to store my D's).

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Thanks Josh. The weekend house is more of a family place, not my own.

But it is a great place to get away for the weekend (and to store my D's).
    I can see that! Nothing like being out in the country!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Whenever I see a piece on your cars I can't wrap my head around how much time you must spend engineering these things. I like these vehicles instead of another time machine, because it makes me wonder how the company would have evolved, and what type of vehicles they might have produced.

Barry
    Thanks Barry. You are correct...there are plenty of hours in the planning of my projects, and many of the work hours
    are trial and error in the initial design phases, but I feel all the extra work is well worth the effort.

There were several special projects that did get time, assets and attention from the original DeLorean Motor Company
    and many more were waiting in the wings, never getting past sketches, but a few have gotten a second chance.

Like many others, I like to see these original sketches and ideas become concept reality (clad in stainless) and I am
    glad that folks can appreciate the effort and determination it takes, for me and others, to take on these projects.

Of course, it's even better when you happen to get a writer who has the same type of passion about the DeLorean,
    covering a DeLorean related story in such a positive way, and I thank Alex Lloyd for his thoughts on the DeLorean.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Great article and video Rich. Really enjoyed that.

Looks like a beautiful piece of property also.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    Didn't know you had a stock Delorean with a Stage 2 Rich.

Looks like a nice ride. The D-Rex is a legend in the community. You can tell in the video with that truck suspension it looks like it has a rough ride.
    Unfortunately, Hollywood is Hollywood, and many factors will affect a video shoot.
    Time of year, time of day and the weather, will all impact how a video shoot will go.

I had a few more things to sort out with the Grand National DeLorean (including the A/C), so the weather dictated a substitute.
    Tony Swann was nice enough to allow me to use his Stage II DeLorean for a "stand-in" for the Grand National DeLorean that day.

As for the D Rex, it's at least "half truck", with a suspension built more for show (height), than for off-road prowess and axle articulation,
    so yeah, when the sun bakes the ground for over a week in 95+ degree heat, a tractor trail path can give an extra rough ride, at speed.

And as expected, there was about 5 1/2 hours of filming that was edited down to 5 1/2 minutes of video.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast