FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Visioneering Car

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Dimensional drawings on Page A:04:01 of the Workshop Manual put the top of the front bumper just under 21 inches.

Try again.

Bill Robertson
    Well, I could see you posting that as a counter to my post except for a few things:

1. The drawing on A:01:04 does not put it there -- ?your? estimation does.
    2. Your estimation is irrelevant because you estimated to the top instead of the bottom,
    3. not to mention, some bumpers are not as tall as others. (A Caddy's comes to mind.)
    4. I was contributing something useful by suggesting an angle not mentioned and
    5. giving an example calling for a maximum (I even capitalized it for you!),
    6. which complements YOUR theory!!!

If I was wanting to "Try", there was already quite a bit posted here -- let's not go there..
    Now, can't we all just get along and love D's!?
    Last edited by Ron; 09-18-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Banned

I sincerely doubt the cause, once revealed, is going to be regulatory.

Every other piece of dogma that has been recently been disproven has had a simple explanation. I suspect front end height will too.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Are there any photos of the inside of the Visioneering car's luggage area?

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

VisioneeringLuggageCompartment.jpg

Bill Robertson

Thanks for the photo, Bill. I was just curious to see if they had carpeted the entire area as on the prototype, or had the insert covering the donut spare tire. Looks like the latter.

Farrar

Canon20DFan
    Certain people live for a discussion like this. They search out, revive, stimulate and provoke the most senseless discussions. They don't grow weary over misconceptions (however small or insignificant), they relish them. Every forum has a person that does this, just sit back and enjoy the show...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Good gracious! No need to flip a lid over this! The information I gained was from around 2001 or so when I first really started doing research online. There was a spring set being sold at that time to lower the front of the car and the whole regulation thing was their explanation as to why it was so high from the factory.

As far as no car having a plastic nose at that time...Corvette did! The Plymouth Turismo TC3 also did. I'm sure there were a few others.

I can also tell you for fact that there were several other Dodge products in the 80's that were shipped without the ground effects and such installed due to shipping hazards.

The shipping thing may have something to do with the stance, but I think in the end it might be several things that conspired to lift the front.

Now, can't we all just get along and love D's!?

My VIN:    16995

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Are there any photos of the inside of the Visioneering car's luggage area?

Farrar
    http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericCon...ioneering.html There's a shot in here of the corner of the luggage area completed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Canon20DFan View Post
    Certain people live for a discussion like this.
    I just grow weary of DeLorean owners stating with firm certainty that the front end was raised because the original design violated bumper height standards, yet all evidence proves otherwise.

The sword cuts both ways: if DeLorean owners do not want anyone to state with firm certainty that JZD went to prison, or that these cars were built with drug money, then DeLorean owners must not behave similarly themselves Re: bumper or headlight heights.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by PlutonimicX View Post
    http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericCon...ioneering.html There's a shot in here of the corner of the luggage area completed.
    Thanks! Fascinating that they would put such a delicate material close to the filler neck.

Farrar

My VIN:    7075

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I just grow weary of DeLorean owners stating with firm certainty that the front end was raised because the original design violated bumper height standards, yet all evidence proves otherwise.
    I heard a little bit different thing.
    It is about that the front end was raised because it seemed in 1980, than the actual bumper height standards will be modified and DMC raised the height and ordered the springs to be ok.
    Later it came out, than the standard will not be active, but the DMC could not afford to buy 30000 new springs, so the taller ones was used in the cars.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast