FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BPS#6 TIme Machine from Auction Kings - up for sale

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    They'll be kicking themselves if the Bob's ever make a Part IV (which I think they should do)
    Not only is this a horrible and pointless idea, Zemeckis and Gale have said over and over that they will never make a Part IV and have no interest in ever seeing one made, nor will they allow it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Disagree 100% with this.
    Ditto.

And I'm one of the biggest BTTF fans there is.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Disagree 100% with this.
    So do you disagree with all of the Star Wars movies out there and the Star Wars expanded universe?

It seems that the Star Wars Franchise is doing well. Example: Your local Walmart or Target......

Its a no brainer....make Part IV.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

The only thing I would be interested in is a BTTF remake. Not because I want to see it at all, but because it will be a completely separate entity from the original trilogy. Plus when it stinks (and it definitely will), we can still say things like "Its no where near as good as the original." "The remake sucked." "Dont bother with the new one." "They shouldn't have messed with the franchise."
    I agree with you on this. Part IV or a remake is fine with me. I just want to reinvigorate the Franchise. Universal execs will look at Future Day 10/21 and see that level of interest and would be More-ons not to capitalize on all of that money sitting out there. If the Bob's don't want to make it, fine. Let Universal make it though or 20th Century Fox.

I'd be down with a remake. Lets keep BTTF in the public eye is all that I am saying.

(PSST...to other DeLorean owners....PSST...the Value of your Delorean will increase...possibly....j/s...you have a stake in this as well, if you think not, think back to that question "Does this thing have a Flux Capacitor??")
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 11-13-2015 at 01:28 PM.

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    So do you disagree with all of the Star Wars movies out there and the Star Wars expanded universe?

It seems that the Star Wars Franchise is doing well. Example: Your local Walmart or Target......

Its a no brainer....make Part IV.
    I meant I disagreed with the highlighted part of the quote.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2347

Honestly, if they ever made a Part Four, I doubt they would use a DeLorean for a time machine. It would probably be a futuristic concept car.
    Last edited by davidc89; 11-14-2015 at 03:01 AM.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

You'd think there would of been a 4th but if it hasn't happened by now, 30 years! maybe it never will.
    Shame it ended on such a low point with the bloody stupid flying train. What were they thinking????

Quote Originally Posted by 88KPH View Post
    You'd think there would of been a 4th but if it hasn't happened by now, 30 years! maybe it never will.
    Shame it ended on such a low point with the bloody stupid flying train. What were they thinking????
    I am hoping that due to the interest on 10/21 with the sales of BTTF props and the fact that BTTF made 4.8 Million worldwide in movie theaters (for doing basically no advertising), will make an exec sit up and take notice. Mind you that you could go home and watch the movie for free but people were paying $5 US per movie to sit in a theater.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-off...e-1201624161/#

Money talks. Part IV will get made or a remake. Too much money involved not to. Like an easy 200 million in net profit just from the movie sales. Merchandising should add another 200 to 500 Million. Example: Kenner bought the rights to StarWars for 500 Million, and Pepsi is the exclusive soft drink of Star Wars for another 500 Million. George Lucas made 1 BILLION dollars just in gross profit from those two perpetual deals.

Disney bought SW for 4.05 BILLION, but George Lucas still retains rights with both Kenner and Pepsi. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...film-for-405b/

5 BILLION in gross profit for basically doing nothing. Not to shabby for an unknown producer whose only previous claim to fame was THX 1138.

That Will the Bob's have will get lost, and people will pretty much die that try to block a remake. A whole HEAP of money is out there. pretty much 400 million minimum in net profit from movie, DVD and merchandising sales. the Mob would kill for less. Accidents do happen. or
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 11-16-2015 at 09:16 AM.

You make a good case, but a few problems, the actor's are too old. So you need to introduce totally new characters. Second the time machine was destroyed, except that ridiculous train, (but that won't fill cinema or sell merchandise ). So you will end up with a totally new film.
    The difference between BTTF and StarWars is the scale.
    SW is a whole galaxy , countless characters, pretty much any scenario can be incorporated.
    BTTF is smaller, domestic with its main prop, a one off secret, time machine.
    Half a dozen people and a car is what made it work.
    A remake is of course possible but why? Would it be improved?

Quote Originally Posted by 88KPH View Post
    You make a good case, but a few problems, the actor's are too old. So you need to introduce totally new characters. Second the time machine was destroyed, except that ridiculous train, (but that won't fill cinema or sell merchandise ). So you will end up with a totally new film.
    The difference between BTTF and StarWars is the scale.
    SW is a whole galaxy , countless characters, pretty much any scenario can be incorporated.
    BTTF is smaller, domestic with its main prop, a one off secret, time machine.
    Half a dozen people and a car is what made it work.
    A remake is of course possible but why? Would it be improved?
    I hope so. I would think to keep kids interested or just to see if they could make money. Just like Starsky and Hutch, Jurrasic Park, The Green Hornet, The Green Lantern, The Day the Earth Stood Still, etc. (all reboots and all flops except Jurrasic Park IMO, but still if you are/were a fan wouldn't it be cool?).

I just want six months of the BTTF fervor leading up to the movie like Star Wars has I guess. We deal with those Flux Capacitor jokes enough so why not? Just giving everybody my two cents.

(Can a DeLorean owner get a remake atleast? LOL, all I want is one movie, a remake even. Not asking for another Trilogy.)
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 11-16-2015 at 03:12 PM.

My VIN:    891, 1045

Did anyone notice the INSANE internet premium of 23%!?
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast