FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Red - VIN 10499

My VIN:    10499

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    You live in washington..workin in the rain should be 2nd nature...lol
    Haha, true. Wish I had a garage to work in but I don't so just gotta make due.

Got my headlights on this evening. Still waiting on bumpers and DMC to ship the fender. Testing the new LED bulbs for brights. Picture turned out kind of cool.

IMG_5407.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by MNT250 View Post
    Haha, true. Wish I had a garage to work in but I don't so just gotta make due.

Got my headlights on this evening. Still waiting on bumpers and DMC to ship the fender. Testing the new LED bulbs for brights. Picture turned out kind of cool.

IMG_5407.jpg

I have a garage...but because we couldnt maneuver the trailer enough to get it in front, had to drop the car in the driveway...I tried pushing it, but its a fairly heavy car, specially on a slight hill..lol. I suggest getting a popup you can work under.

Lights look good.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I have a garage...but because we couldnt maneuver the trailer enough to get it in front, had to drop the car in the driveway...I tried pushing it, but its a fairly heavy car, specially on a slight hill..lol. I suggest getting a popup you can work under.

Lights look good.
    Oh dang, haha. Yeah luckily I haven't had to push mine yet

Thanks! I got my bumpers back on Thursday. Only put the rear one on for now, waiting for my fender before I finish the front.

IMG_5446.jpg

Looks nice. I like the more satiny finish on the front and rear more than the high gloss...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Looks nice. I like the more satiny finish on the front and rear more than the high gloss...hehe.
    My intention was to just paint the entire bumper one color except the black bit at the bottom just to do something a little different. I picked Audi Monsoon Grey Metallic since in a lot of light it looks much lighter and darker grey in less light. The body shop just followed the original lines on the bumper, so the middle is black. I'm still happy with it, probably better off.

Hehe. I may paint mine myself..not hard to mask. Dunno...depends if I get a new one or can restraighten mine.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Got my replacement fender on Friday so I was able to get a lot done this weekend and since my last post. Painted the mirrors reinstalled them, painted the plate surround, taped down the t-panel and screwed it in, installed aluminum strips to fix minor eyebrows and prevent future ones, reinstalled the front bumper, installed stainless letters on rear bumper, installed LED blinker relay. Installed QA1 rear coilovers. I'm going to wait for a replacement front lip spoiler to arrive before I finish up. Mine has 4 broken studs and just want everything to be perfect.

Still need to paint passenger door handle and door lock trim ring, install outer door seals and I cannot figure out how to get my rear louvers aligned correctly no matter what I try they still rub on the edge of the t-panel. I intended to paint them due to a small mark on one lower corner but now that it's rubbing it really needs it.

IMG_5473.jpgIMG_5543.jpgIMG_5569.jpg
    Last edited by MNT250; 09-13-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Looking good...definately making good progress.

I kinda got stalled...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Few things since my last post. Took it in to DMCNW and had the doors tweaked and aligned better, custom brackets installed to move the door strut mount from from the side of the roof to the bottom (i'll take some pictures when I get the car back) They also clipped the front door lock rods to prevent any issues on opening the doors and fixed my rear louver issue. Now the car is at a shop being prepped for stripes and prestige Spectra PhotoSync window tint installed. Pretty cool stuff, it actually transitions darker in sunlight. More pictures to come when it returns!

12010743_10153030554292540_256226655384917326_o.jpg
    Last edited by MNT250; 09-30-2015 at 03:09 AM.

Cool. Hope those hide those welds succesfully. Just too bad you cant track down the snapperhead who did that to stainless...hehe.
    I didnt get to see all the stuff they did when I saw your car..but the welds were noticable.

I'll prolly have them clip my front rods too, so I dont run into any more door jams
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast